Introducing the Empire Assistant!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Apr 30, 2014.

1. If they click the website button it does list the wiki.
  2. Really cool item Aikar! I would recommend a warning on the vault tab saying something about how you will be charged for opening your vault if you don't have 5 pages:D
  3. This is a great addition for newbie players. Thing is they actually have to take the time to look at it, and as always going with the lowest common denominator (that being the intelligence level of a toasted marshmallow) you will always have a small % just to stupid to click the buttons.

Honestly though you have gone way above and beyond to make learning how to do X on EMC super easy, wish this would have been around when I started :).
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  4. Love this quote!

For some people, they are willing to click random buttons for hours to try and learn something, but without buttons, they will give up, sometimes without trying much of anything.

I don't like the idea of flooding EMC with lazy noobs, but I don't think that will mostly be the case. Many people entering the server have little or no experience with minecraft or multiplayer servers. Simply put, it's hard to wait to play with a new toy. (who wants to read instructions first?)

We only get one chance to make a first impression. Curious new players may search around to other servers, but if they got a good impression, come back.

Current players who accept the flood of noob questions are doing an important service for all of EMC. Trying to answer a few questions or help a new player once in a while is even more powerful.
    Olaf_C, mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  5. Why doesn't it refer to anywhere? I mean, why is there no arrow to go to the original post?
  6. Oops, I took the post number out. Didn't realize that was what it did.
    607 likes this.
  7. Could you add a list of current flags to the Assistant.
  8. I'm pretty sure they will in the future
  9. Seeing that I suggested it just a while ago, I hope they do :)
    607 likes this.
  10. Nice. But this is a little confusing.:confused:
  11. How so?
    607 likes this.
  12. Just went through the tutorial. I think it is much easier and will let new comers enjoy it more rather then having a trivia about a server they dont know of.
    Well done if I may say so my self :)
  13. How does it work exactly?
    How do you change the commands?
    How...
    There are a lot of different 'How' questions people have. Maybe start a FAQ thread?
    MHeller2017 likes this.
  14. I just don't understand the whole you can get one every 2 days why would we need more then one?
  15. you don't. thats if you lose it, the 2 day limit prevents spamming the command to get tons of them.

Just right click, then click... thats all there is to it.
    607 likes this.
  16. *Further...
    607 likes this.
  17. I was exaggerating. I don't advertise EMC on other servers.. I don't even get on other servers
  18. That's quite a big exaggeration...
    607, jkjkjk182 and boozle628 like this.
  19. How the heck is that an exaggeration? That is like saying "I lava griefed LLO, jk it was a total exaggetation".
    607 and wisepsn like this.