Introducing "Community Perks"

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Traps and secret doors. I like that. Aren't there RPG servers something like that could be modeled off of?
    JackBiggin likes this.
  2. Yes, if the people who play by themselves - avoiding all other people at any cost. They will NEVER be able to do this event. But my recommendation for those people... Look for the giant groups that will be taking on the Dragon. it will only take "hey can I join?"; and unless they are complete jerks - they will most likely let you join in...

I will gladly take anybody when I take on this arena... Regardless of your personal skill level is. :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Well said! Also, to add to what you said, this is meant to bring the community together and for us to work together towards the ultimate goal of beating the arena:)
  4. I was wrong, reread first post and noticed my mistake.
    The more people who take the dragon on the better the community perk will be. Makes sense now, the more the community help the better it will be for the community.
  5. So people aren't confused as how i worded what i was meaning ... the prize xp to the group slaying the dragon and the arena ... the more people that help out, the less the total prize is to the people participating ... however for the prize given to the server for the completion of the arena .... for every group that completes the arena, the x number of prize will go up by ... per say start at 500r then go up to 1000r then so on, adding 500r or so each time as a suggestion.... this was what i was meaning
  6. Sounds like a good Idea to me. Maybe instead of respawning atbthenwild spawn for dragon events, we should spawn close to the Dagon tomb? That way it'd be easier for everyone.
  7. The dragon fight is not about getting xp but a dragon egg. The dragon and mobs
    might not drop any xp.
  8. To be honest, I don't think that these organised teams will actually end up being used. I think it'll be more a case of one person finding a portal, then running back to town and gathering 4+ other people who happen to be online at the time.
    pietdagamer, chickeneer and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. actually i just realized, this might be a potential problem ... if someone already found the tp and went inside ... and then here comes another person back that brought there friends, then go inside, either all have to play together or if theres a group of 9 and already a person in a 'holding area' ... then it will make them either seperate or 'have' to work together ... maybe there could be /group feature to 'team up' ... one person start a group and can invite others ... once they are all inside so that way there can't be any potential problems ....

...or all together ... if one person finds the cave and goes inside, than he or she can type /invite %playername(2,3,4,5 and so on) ... and a message will pop up on the invited players screen ... once it's on the players screen he or she can type /accept invite or /decline invite ...

...another suggestion to further think about :D
  10. The best way to beat the challenge is to have as many people as you can. So only someone without common sense would deny someone "rights" to be allowed in their group. Also, we dont want to encourage clans, or *shudder* Factions(!), we want to encourage EVERYONE working TOGETHER. So i, and i hope others too, will oppose any "group" commands. If someone in game tells you that you cant come with them, dont follow the so-called-leader of the group, follow someone else who is in it. If they tell you that you cant go into the portal, stroll right ahead, happily knowing that they arent in charge of anything, and that you have the right to go through it just like anyone else.
    @WCG If this seems hostile, its not aimed at you:) Its aimed at anyone who actually thinks they "own" any right to say who gets to go through the portal and who doesnt. Also @WCG I really hope you arent gvarados...
    KarlisKrazy likes this.
  11. i'm saying ... what if it's someone that none of you and your friends don't WANT to play with, like you don't get along ... that wouldn't fair being forced to play with them ... i'm saying if one person finds the place and tps ... they can /invite people ... and if they accept then they are tped, and once they have enough, the person that invited them can like 'ready up' everyone and it begins ...

and no - im not gvarados if that's a person
  12. Ok good! He was a pain in the chat, like this
    Gvarados: Hahaha
    Gvarados: ...
    Gvarados: I want diamondz
    Gvarados: Who sells dirt?
    I saw your "..." between sentences, posted the comment, then realized that you are successful on EMC
  13. i only write '...' or '-' ... when i want the reader to read what i post and know when to pause for efficient reading experience :D
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. No I don't like that idea because people are constantly complaining about lack of rupees and I think that people should learn how to actually go and get stuff and not have to buy everything that they need. If you give a man a fish it feeds him for a day, if you teach him how to fish it feeds him for a lifetime.
  15. Well, it's a good opportunity to start getting along with them better. I doubt the update will be encouraging players to selectively exclude others. :p
    jkjkjk182 and SecretAznEks like this.
  16. Yay a new game :3 ;)
  17. How are people selected to join the Dragon Egg Team?
  18. The teams aren't official or anything, just ask a member of a team if you can join, chances are they'll say yes! :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. Some ideas for when completing the arena:

Idea 1 - Twice as fast!
    Double speed for everything for a duration of 30 minutes or so. This would apply to walking, running, mining, chopping, brewing, traveling by boat... This way you let the people choose theirselves what to do with it, you're not making them use a mobgrinder. (If the entire group gets this, they can either travel back, explore caves twice as fast, mine resources.. Anything is possible!)

Idea 2 - Broadcastmessage!
    Message over all servers, who completed it, which server and how long it took. For extra bragging rights ;)
    Those people might be able to get a great deal right away!

Idea 3 - Suprise Package!
    All the players who helped with completing the Dragon Dungeon, receive a message telling them that they have 1 package waiting for them to open. They can only open it when they have one inventory space available.
    As they open it, they can receive any valuable item. Think of a few diamonds, iron, gold, or perhaps a stack of logs or wool or so? It has to be something that's nice to have. This 'package' would be stored in they same way the players items are stored by entering the dungeon.
    This is not all necessary, but I think it would be nice to have!
    SecretAznEks likes this.