Introducing "Community Perks"

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ok, here is some of my input before I head to bed for the night :)

I really like this idea, especially since it brings in the entire server community even if they aren't in that battle.
    One thing i don't understand is the 10 or 15 people who complete a Dragon Tomb event together... I thought the max and the minimum amount of people in this event is 5... I could use that re-explained...

As there becomes more "Community Perk" opportunities (new events) than different rewards can also be received. The only "potion" effects that would make sense are (Fire Resistance, Swiftness, and Strength) The double XP is my favorite [Not that I need more, but to help newer members with perhaps enchanting something]
    A couple of perk ideas that would mainly be oriented towards members using the wild.

1. No hunger damage for a certain amount of time, or...

2. Everybody on the server immediately gets their health fully restored (along with hunger health bar filled up) One time perk that would not have a time effect associated with it.

A Spin off of the Community Perks is having Negative Effects (Slowness or Weakness) This could upset some people also... But my thinking is - If a group beats the Dragon Tomb Quest than the server gets a boost - If they fail the Quest than the server gets a negative effect (Shorter relative to the other effects, but it wouldn't ever involve - losing health due to obvious issues with that)

Finally, in addition to these perks encouraging the community as a whole; I think they should be oriented towards encouraging increased wild use (I tried to emphasize this with my suggestions) I enjoy Town as much as the next guy, but some people can forget how much fun it can be...

I hope this all made sense :p

Edit: No I have not found an alternative to my Signature... I wish I knew how to create a version that doesn't go nearly as fast... Oh well
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  2. Welcome to vanilla?

Might as well start world of warcraft.
  3. I'm not sure why everyone always uses this line. We've never ever been "vanilla". Vanilla refers to a server with NO plugins. If you're upset with non-vanilla, you shouldn't be using Town...since town is almost the exact opposite of vanilla. :p
  4. MINIMUM is 5. You can't even do it with less.

That is the kind of suggestions we were looking for, and to add another utopia feature, no fall damage!

Hmm, I can see this being useful for more common events, or maybe all 'not so repeated events' apply it.

Heh, I dont think that will be too popular LOL...

Increased exp and survivability seems like a good incentive to use the wild to me :)
  5. Those shops, towns, RTS, locks, residences, vault and money sure are some great vanilla features :)
    cnquast, margaritte, pat2011 and 2 others like this.
  6. Lol, I thought about saying something... but it was not going to come across nicely. EMC not being Vanilla is nothing new. Lol [Did I just use double negatives?]
    pietdagamer and IcecreamCow like this.
  7. I've a suggestion for this which I think could be quite successful as a Community Perk.

Every time I log on, I get 100,000r.

It'd benefit the Community because, well, it's me, and I'm a Good Guy©. :D
    nab27, margaritte and IcecreamCow like this.
  8. I know that you can't do it this even with less than 5 people; but are you saying that the event will be open to more than 5... If so I hadn't heard anything about that...

I literally put down everything I was thinking about, even if I knew it wouldn't fly (Such as the negative effect suggestion)

Props to everyone working on this project, it has gone farther than what I would have initially imagined it.
  9. When brainstorming anything with the staff and Justin I ALWAYS say ideas that I KNOW won't work, because they sometimes spark ideas that will that wouldn't have been thought of without the "bad" idea. :)
    MR2R2M likes this.
  10. I must say, it sounds like I've missed a load of new stuff. All sounds amazing and can't wait to start getting involved again! Emeralds? Dragon Tombs? CLAIMING LAND? *Wets himself*
  11. Who cares for vanilla anyways, as long as i get my redstonepulse sign mod, i will never complain :p

Ill define it more later, uni. Calls.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  12. We've been eagerly becoming more awesome in anticipation of your return. :D
    margaritte and kilmannan like this.
  13. Correct. There is a minimum of 5 people, and a maximum of the server cap (i believe).

It is first mentioned in the second paragraph in this thread: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/emc-dragon-egg-update-info.14398/

Or just here to save looking:
    There will be random portals placed throughout the wild. Each event will start upon entering the portal. Each event also requires a minimum of 5 people, but you may wish to bring more. After the event ends, each player will receive experience from the battle and a dragon egg.
    PThagaard likes this.
  14. YOu and your redstone, you should just propose to it :p
    Happyshopper likes this.
  15. That's very likely to happen -- Just a lot more important stuff ahead of it.
    PThagaard likes this.
  16. That's the sort of quality Customer Service every MC server should have! With these new additions, I don't think it'll be too long before some more servers get added to the EMC list.

I'm not going to be back into EMC in the same way as I was before with regards to spare time, but I look forward to catching up and having fun again, although I do slightly regret giving away all my Diamonds and Rupees before I left!
  17. I agree, and as i told you the other day, most of the newly added stuff actually makes the experience of EMC better.
  18. What's next Mounts? ridable dragons?

ZBSDKryten, Joshposh70 and PThagaard like this.
  19. Thats actually not a bad idea, despite the sarcasm.. We could make some badbutt games with that!
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  20. "But then it'd ruin the economy and I'd have to quit EMC forever."

:rolleyes: