[IMPORTANT] Empire Update: Silence Of The Lambs!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I vaguely remember you mentioning an "Auto Egging" feature a month or so ago... Will that be put in place eventually? Like if i were to hatch a chicken at 100 mobs, you said it would be turned into an egg and either placed into my inventory or a designated chest? Sorry, just curious:p
  2. As of now - there will not be an auto-egging option. The way it will work is as follows:

Once you reach the 100 animal Cap - no more can be spawned; if you somehow find a way to go over that limit - the new auto-kill feature will kill animals till it is at the cap.
  3. Is the "auto-kill" literally going to kill the mobs? As in, they will drop items? This could be a problem for exploitation (free drops w/o killing) and lag (all those entities floating about) in itself. If they were to simply pop out of existence and despawn, that would be best (IMO).

In the case of eggification, that would be the preferred method of "auto-killing" in Town (in case some animals did mate, or a "wild" one walked onto the Res, we wouldn't completely lose our animal)... but would definitely not work in the Wild - there would be tons of hostile mob eggs floating about, which isn't good for anybody.
  4. To my knowledge it just makes them disappear, but that is a question for Aikar - I am only piecing together what has already said (not making it up)
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. No, simply disappears.

The egging idea was scratched because of the sheer amount of work it would require. We felt giving players warning to egg them themselves was adequate.

Considering your going to have double the time planned at this rate, that's pretty fair :)
  6. I dont care what anyone says this is an amazing idea ! :)
  7. Awwwwwwwwww:( So now my auto chicken hatcher is useless?:/
  8. friend me on facebook! Bryan SU
  9. Thank you for the completely relevant comment, it really added to the discussion!

/sarcasm
  10. mba2012, Dwight5273 and JackBiggin like this.
  11. Dont you mean the SHEAR amount of work XD . Get it....Sheeps....Shears...No?
  12. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. People I need help. I placed a diamond block and an iron block in my res underground, and I lost 1 diamond block and 15 iron blocks and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!?!?!?! Please help me.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  14. IcecreamCow I need to speak with you or JustinGuy or some administator, because I just placed 1 diamond block and one iron block in my res and the diamond block and 15 iron blocks dissapeared! WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?!

PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Please be careful how you quote things. Be patient they will talk to you about it - move it to a PM
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. I wouldnt bother them with it. There is nothing they can do about it. Sorry, but you are going to have to move on. If i t makes you feel better, everyone is losing stuff. I lost 5 stacks of sticky pistons.
  17. This is true - they can only do something about it if they have proof this happened
  18. Wow sticky pistons... I sell slimeballs in smp3 at 6273. What did you do that made them disappear?

PenguinDJ likes this.
  19. Oh ok!
  20. My grinder has to be 14x in size now. I realize that there were huge lagging issues and I admit that it is good something was done about it. But making my grinder 1400% difference in size? All the material, effort and rupees put into the project before hasn't paid off yet, and now to spend that much more, only for the possibility of failure isn't exactly comforting. [The data was collected multiple times across the surface area of the spawning floor, and concluded that at maximum, it was 7% of 200, the maximum amount per "area" allowed. 14x seems about right, according to some staff members that used to control the grinder].

Some people might say that experience grinders are unfair, but I think it's initially as difficult as just grinding your sword in some forsaken wilderness.

Maybe the age of experience grinders will die out now--I don't know. But I don't feel like "...we ask that you please adjust your grinder to accommodate it..." does it justice. To make matters worse, you explicitly don't give us data to "accommodate" our grinders. What is my team to do? We have no data with which to modify the grinder; it's claimed to be this way for the purpose of people abusing the system. I would like to bring up the paradigm that it is what you make of it. It isn't abuse, it's math. If it isn't against the rules, then it is following the rules.

Sorry for any mods that read this, not to put any extra pressure on you guys. I don't feel like I had an adequate explanation. I'm stuck between a non-functioning xp grinder and no idea how to improve it. Thanks,
    Mercalus
    watk4219 likes this.