[IMPORTANT] Empire Update: Silence Of The Lambs!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I assume you are referring to a darkroom grinder. If thats the case, these new rules are doing nothing to break your grinder, in fact your spawn rate will go up (if the grinder is built right). You shouldnt have to make it bigger, unless you literally kill them in the center, of which there is no available room for them to spawn. Overall though, you should see an increase in mobs spawning, and if you dont, there is something wrong with the design. Also, you should tell us where that data came from, cause it looks very, very wrong.
    KarlisKrazy likes this.
  2. My understanding of mob spawning is that the default range mobs will spawn in is a sphere of 128 blocks around you with an inner sphere where they won't that is 24 blocks. I'm not sure where, but I recall seeing Aikar post that the new range is 64.

I've got a darkroom spawner that has four interlinked 20x20x10 spawning chambers. It is working comparably to how it was before the update. I haven't done any math, but given the current settings, I should be able to add another chamber as well as add several more levels onto each one without having too many dead pads.

Edit: Found it in post 175 of this thread. It's been reduced from eight to four chunks. Maybe someone can confirm whether you can get past the limit if you build up instead of out?
  3. Thanks for everyone's reply so far.

It used to work, I guess these rules affect people differently. The design must be outdated then..

And yes, vanilla says a distance of 24-120 will spawn actively(where 128 is the despawn I think). Lowered to 24-64, I can still see how this could be effective.
  4. I am hopefully going to be pushing the auto remove live tonight. I got that part working, but still working on keeping animals from leaving your res.
  5. If animals do leave your residence - how long can they stay in the streets before de-spawning. It seems like some people report them de-spawning immediately but I found a sheep that wandered onto my lot just last night. Not sure where from...
  6. It seems to be about 3 secs after, or so.
  7. Strange, lol, I never actually eggified it though - just let it wander.
  8. Only one question: What does the 'Other' do?
    Total is the total count on your res :D
    Animals are the total animals on your res :D
    Items are the total Items on our res:D,
    but what says me the Others amount? I have 6 Others on my res, but don't know what that is!
    Unbewnannt.png
    Lukas_3226 likes this.
  9. "Other" is just other entities that doesn't fall under the items or animal categories...

Players are entities. Items and other don't matter unless the combined entity total for everything on your residence - animals won't spawn further.
  10. what will hapen if you have massive wheat or sugar can farm????
  11. ? Irrelevant, this update only effects Mob Spawning. If you have over 500 items on your residence - those items will act normal, but you will be unable to spawn more animals until you get that total down
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  12. oh k i just thought i wouldn't be able to have a farm because if i have to much wheat on the ground it would not give out any when i hit the wheat
  13. They will not despawn, they will teleport to your tpset location. The system will track owner ship of the animal
    chickeneer and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. Not realy someone left there gate open and then smp9 was flooded in my area with cows pigs and sheep :D i got alot of wool <.< sHhHhHHhhh dont tell the owner :D
  15. sorry for bumping this theard, but i still have one quetion: is there a comand, that deletes all your entries on your res? like in worldedit //butcher?
    Lukas_3226 and pietdagamer like this.
  16. no but it is a decent idea..

I'll consider it.

Were close to enforcing the limits. I think I might be done with it tonight.
    Lukas3226 likes this.
  17. Please change the way mobs spawn....too many all the time in the wild
  18. Not enough... Too many. The general public can be difficult to please :3
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. Well... where else would they be?:confused:
    butters89 likes this.
  20. There's definitely too many ghasts - that's for sure.
    mba2012, watk4219 and butters89 like this.