I'm making a video game!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jtc0999, Jun 14, 2014.

?

Will you play my game? :)

Yes 23 vote(s) 92.0%
NO! 2 vote(s) 8.0%
  1. if you could can you put me in your game? If you can just put me as any character in the game like a common enemy or character or villain or just some piece in the game, I don't know just please do, if you could of course
  2. Are you using RPG Maker VX Ace (If you are, are you doing to the contest. I have scripts for RPG VX Ace [If you need them..])
  3. You should make a 3d game that is made entirely of cubes. There could be ores and dirt and you can even make other dimensions! Off the top of my head, you could add the rethen and The Dne. There could be flying octopus like creatures that shoot fireballs at you and stuff.

Call it, CraftMine
    607 likes this.
  4. I think it would be more like Dne Eht.
  5. First off, i can't put everyone in my game. I can only put a certain amount of people in per game (Max will prob be 2), and since this is my very first game, i want it to be serious, so no one will be in that one :(

However, i might make a game based on EMC with a whole bunch of different players, mods, and admins! :D

*Claps, crying* Brilliant. 12/10 potatos.
    On a serious note, i can't make 3d games yet. they will come out with that feature soon.

As i said before, 001 game creator is it's own engine.
  6. Graphics are a bit better then tibia, but still, not like unity engine graphics.
  7. There goes my chance in being in a game ... oh well or  or some other
  8. 607 likes this.
  9. Try Game Maker 8.1. It's a little confusing to work with at first, but it turns coding into pictures and drag and drop icons. The free version can make basic 2d games, and the paid version can make 3d games, multiplayer games, and you can make light sources. Plus, you only have to pay for the full version one time.

Shaun Spalding does a lot of tutorials on this program that I watch all the time. Here's his list of tutorials: Link
    607 likes this.
  10. Ok, a message to ALL:

I have NO intent to be rude or ungrateful, but i am not looking for new software. 001 game maker works for me, and is a good software that i can work with that doesn't have an over complex system, and it's cheap. I will NOT buy a one hundred dollar game making software, since i'm just getting into game making business. I wasted 50$ with FRAPS since i stopped youtubing, and i don't want to waste 100$ on a software i might not touch in a few months.
    golddigger221 likes this.
  11. It was just a suggestion...
  12. It was 100$ MINIMUM. If you think i have that much money lying around, you CRAY CRAY! xD
    golddigger221 likes this.
  13. Ok, after doing some snooping around, i can choose one or two files types to create my game in:

Windows installer: Makes it so those who download it must install the game in order to play with. Recommend to those who do not have 001 game creator

Plain files: Creates an executable for the game and includes other files that make it up, no install required. Recommend for those who plan to use a third party source for an installation method.

The question is, how would Y'ALL like it? Windows install makes the game run better, but you gotta install the game. Plain files is easier, but not might run as smoothy. Please tell me what y'all would like, and i'll make it in that game build type.

Actually, i cannot get the plain files working, For now, i'm going to use the Window's installer. I just downloaded my own game, and it was very easy to install, and very easy to uninstall.
  14. Would it be possible to do both? I like installers but I imagine non-windows users need the plain file method
  15. As i just edited, i cannot get plain files working, so for now it is just windows installer.
  16. Get me in it, teletubby.
  17. I have a free recording thing o3o
  18. just remember put a dragon called lachlan
  19. you should add multiple endings to your game, it gets people interested to explore the game (or internet) to get the other endings like to get the good ending or bad ending or ultra secret ending. This is just a suggestion I mean you don't have to do it... okay I hope to see this in your game : /
    607 likes this.
  20. Looking through this thread, I'm seeing more people begging to be in this game than actual support for the project.