I'm making a video game!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jtc0999, Jun 14, 2014.

?

Will you play my game? :)

Yes 23 vote(s) 92.0%
NO! 2 vote(s) 8.0%
  1. idk I guess people are trying to get opportunities but i guess that support may get them into a game easier than begging i mean really
  2. Yeah, I want to be part of a game, but I can always make a game so I get credit for it too.
  3. Another suggestion is to have the player make game changing choices (If you don't know how to use the software,then see if it has switches which allow for checking of items and certain events to occur...
  4. Glad to see fellow aspiring RPG developers around here.
    If you need any tips, JTC, I'll try my best to help you with design and such. I own the various RPG Maker engines (2003, XP, and VX Ace) which all have their own strengths, and it appears 001 Game Creator is similar to them.
    Also, make sure you don't go too ambitious with your first game, it never works out.
    Anyway, if there is anything you need help with, I'll see what I can do to give you a hand.
    607 likes this.
  5. Because this is my first game EVER, it will be a simply storyline. I might get into that in the next few games, but for now, i'm keeping it simple.

Yes, i do know how to do that. However, like i said, First game. Keeping it simple

Quick announcement: The demo will (Hopefully) be released sometime tonight. There isn't much in it, just a bit of story and a short puzzle :)

I will provide y'all with the link, controls, and some tips when it is done.

Also: The demo is part of the game, but some things will change. One thing that will change is the dialogue of the person you talk to at the start.
  6. Wait. Make games, no coding? Huh? How is that even possible? :confused:

(also, sorry, to say, I know you won't try out other things, but gamemaker 8.1 has a almost fully functioning version for free. So it is not 100$ at least. It has a watermark on it though, so yeah. But do what you think is best ;))
  7. Honestly, i have no idea what coding a video games means in the first place, but 001 game creator states "Make games with no coding!", so i just tend to believe them :p
  8. I do believe that the '001 game creator' is the engine, lol. Like how Unity and Unreal are their own engines.

I could be wrong though - i've never even heard of this software and if I can judge it from its name, I don't think I want too :p

*cough* Scratch *cough* (<--- Its all just basic algorithms and basic strings though, so nothing really required there)
  9. 001 seems to be similar to the RPG Maker series of engines, at least in the way that it has a built in tile editor. I watched a trailer, and it overall seems to me more simplistic (though at the same time more user-friendly). I also have it in me to assume that this engine isn't expandable through scripts.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  10. Good news: The game is done! :D

Bad new: I'm not uploading it because i see some problems, and i'm waiting for answers on why they are occurring/how to fix them :/
  11. What are the problems? I can try to help if I know what the problems are.
  12. Sorry man, nothing you can do. I'm trying to disable ads on the start up screen because i'm a supporter, but i can't. That is the simple reason.
  13. Alright, now i'm getting multiple errors about uploading the game -_-
    Trying my best.
  14. :/ Hopefully it's good ^_^
  15. Is the problem just uploading it now?
  16. Yes. It's telling me i have to move the game to files with write access... whatever that means lol
  17. Alright, i'll bump the thread once, then i'm contacting the makers.
  18. I can't wait for this game to come out.
  19. I have contacted the creators of the engine. Hopefully they will actually help me.
  20. I have canceled the game, look to edited first post for details.