If you were voting in the U.S. election today....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sgx2000, Sep 5, 2012.

?

Who would you vote for?

Barack Obama / Democratic Party 37 vote(s) 44.0%
Mitt Romney / Republican Party 34 vote(s) 40.5%
Gary Johnson / Libertarian Party 4 vote(s) 4.8%
Other 9 vote(s) 10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finally something we can agree on :D
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  2. I agree also. But, no matter what, we will always increase our debt. No matter whom is the president, so may increase more then others though.
  3. My sources: I have been alive these last four years.
  4. Oh sorry........even worse....
  5. Yes, but I really dont know where in the world you got this information, but saying that you have been alive for these last four years is really vague.
  6. Well, when you state that there will always be promises broken, I agree with you. But president Obama has just broken to many. I mean 29% of all people that voted for Obama in 2008 have regretted it, and are now considering Romney- FOX News Hannity
    Sorry I can't reply only to your one sentence, but I am in my iPad so I can't.
  7. You could be 4 years old, but let's stay on topic of this, is anyone watching the debate right now? I mean c'mon! President Obamas except ant speech rained out? When there is a 15% chance of rain?- FOX News I am very disappointed, but who knows.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  8. I'm going to give my political opinion:
    Politics suck. No matter what happens, no one will ever be happy. No one, me included, understands, really. I hate politics, I've seen how strongly people can argue over it. It's not pretty. I've seen it ruin family relations. That's why I'm trying as hard as I can to stay out of this. I feel uneasy, even here, because I've learned humans can't be trusted when we're talking about politics. It always ends the same. I keep posting here because I imagine everyone posting here pulling their hair out at their keyboard, losing their ability to remain civil. I just want to stay far away from politics, because I wouldn't be able to control myself, just like everyone else. I imagine that I'm taking up the position of a referee, trying to make sure everything's clean and fair. There's no winner in politics, it's just an awful necessity of life.
  9. I can see why the republican was evacuated, but rain? Seriously?
  10. Your father needs an accountant then. Unless he is spending EVERY penny of that money he earns, there's lots of places to put that money where is doesn't get touched / provides a tax break. I'm not an accountant by any means, but my even the accounting classes I took during my undergrad taught me enough to get my supposed to be 28% tax load to 17%, and I'm sure he's in the couple brackets above me - so he'll have more income to throw into these places and "live comfortably".

Taxes are a tricky customer though. Sure if you're making 4 million a year, you can happily live on 2 million. What I hate to see is when someone is on the edge of a bracket, and turns down a raise or works less because moving slightly into the next bracket will lower their take home income.

I personally try to stay out of politics (other than a job I previously held out of undergrad) - I can't dedicate the amount of time that's needed to actually research the positions of the candidates in things that matter to me. Personally, I wish they'd ask some general questions about the person you vote for when you vote, to know exactly who you are voting for. If I vote (or say I'm going to), I end up voting for who I think is more human, who "feels" more right in my mind. It doesn't really have a party.
  11. if you think Fox News, and all the opinion shows on Fox, are fair and balanced then we aren't starting on a level field here... because the reality is that Fox News slants everything to the right and MSNBC slants everything to the left. This is a fact. So if you take all your news from Fox News and you think they're speaking to you directly then that's because you're leaning to the right and the reverse is the same with MSNBC.

If you really understand the Republican party platform and you agree with it all, then by all means vote Republican and same goes for the Democratic, Libertarian, or Green party, etc. But in my experience when I talk to "Republicans" and then ask them where they stand on the issues they are rarely in line with what the Republican party actually stands for... and we're not just talking lip service, we're talking actions. You can't say you're for less government and then create the Dept of Homeland Security and pass the Patriot Act... it doesn't jive. When they say they want less government, they mean they want to cut out everything that helps the American people because they think the "private sector" can do everything the government does... as if the private sector can be impartial and is incorruptible. Companies cannot regulate themselves, they will lie, cheat, and steal if they can get away with it. We need government to regulate. We need government to distribute our taxes in order to improve our lives.
  12. Only news I really watch is John Stewart but I read most articles out there or ask my govt professor about certain topics I'm interested in.
    Aikar likes this.
  13. No, they want to stop wasting money on stuff like social security, turtle tunnels, and medicare.
  14. Are you people still arguing?
  15. Yes. Yes they are. Well, now it's at a stable discussion I suppose...
  16. You... you think social security is a bad thing? A waste of money? Good god all mighty. From the mouth of former president Eisenhower:

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history."

(source)
  17. Hmm, I'm reading everything you guys are saying, but I will not reply to anyone's opinions. I for one can admit that I do not know much about politics and what's going on. I'm not completely oblivious, but I don't know all the facts, so therefore I will not reply to anyone's opinions.

Although, I am noticing that the people who are for Romney, are specifying why they do not like Obama. On the otherhand the people who are for Obama are stating that they are for him, but aren't specifying exactly why they are for him.

What I really want to know from the people who are for Obama is why you are for him? What are your reasons?

Or maybe you are for him, because there are some good points, but there are some bad points that you don't like. Either way I'd like to know. :p
  18. Im 16, but if i could, i prefer Romney:p
    Ahhhh heres the thing, Its good... WHEN it works. Im afraid i will pay in, then it will collapse due to so many people taking out more than is paid in. I also think people should use that money to save it in a bank account
  19. That shouldn't happen. Retirees who had been paying for their social security only receive the amount taken out of their checks while they were still working.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.