If you were voting in the U.S. election today....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sgx2000, Sep 5, 2012.

?

Who would you vote for?

Barack Obama / Democratic Party 37 vote(s) 44.0%
Mitt Romney / Republican Party 34 vote(s) 40.5%
Gary Johnson / Libertarian Party 4 vote(s) 4.8%
Other 9 vote(s) 10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amen. Oh btw it's working now.
  2. What in the big green world is a "Gary Johnson"?

As for actual candidates, I have an intense fear of robot overlords because of a traumatic experience the day I was manufactured. So therefore I would vote for Barack Obama, the only non-robot candidate running.
    SunnyDayz100 and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. Wow - discussion can't be just discussion any more? Intelligent conversation about opinions without getting angry and attacking each other doesn't happen anymore? Yikes!
    jaqiefox likes this.
  4. He is the nominated Libertarian candidate.
  5. I guess I would vote for Romney, but all politicians are automatically idiots. Also, you'll never be able to please everyone.
  6. I probably won't even revisit this thread after posting this, but here is my opinion:

The whole of the government is either corrupt or incompetent, a mix of the two. The general populace doesn't care enough, those that do the largest portion of those do not understand the system well enough to actually vote for who and where it matters (some only vote on president of USA nothing else for example) and then there is the fact that when people have the freedom of choice some just plain old choose what isn't best.

I personally believe the whole of the human race is incapable of making a just, fair, efficient, working government and keep it working, and until I see signs of this not being true anymore, I will not vote.

For more clarification on just what I mean... I will refer you to a Michio Kaku and a speech he made on this [the state of the evolution of planetary society and humans] subject.
    Text version, video version.
  7. wow, that's some pretty jaded stuff
  8. This really ticks my brain. I can't see why people would vote for Obama. Let's start my rant.....now....
    Obama believes in taking people money- but only people who ,are above what a 85k a year? Ok, well there is a lot of poor people out there, but let's think if I earn 100k rupees off auctions in a month. Then Justin were to come out with Obamas system, I would give around 15% of MY money that I made to some bigger that doesn't make an effort to make or earn rupees. What I am saying is us that make more money, have to pay the people who sit at home and don't have a job because they don't want one, and they know with Obama's plan that they can get free money and not have to work. We're does that money come from? THE PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD FOR IT. Personally if I graduate high school with a 4.0 and get into a good college and get a job as a chemical engineer. I worked hard for that position/job. Now, the people who flunked every test and smoked weed in high school and didn't go to college, get around 8% of my money. I ACED THE TEST. I WENT TO COLLEGE. THEY SAT N THIER LAZY BUTS AND SUCKED THIER THUMB. And I have to give them my money. Not cool. Not cool.
    In 2008 Obama made a speech on his campaign trail. About halfway threw he states, " President Bush has raised the debt by 4 trillion dollars. I PROMISE not to raise the debt! But to lower it by 8 trillion!" . Now, by Sept. 5 2012, spending 4 billion dollars a day, he has not decreased the debt, but in fact he has INCREASED it by 8 trillion. And his campaign slogan for 2012 is "Forward". I face palm myself and my dog. If we go any further, we will drive into the depts of Tarturus. China would be claiming half of the U.S. because we can't pay off our debt! Do you know why? Because all of our tax and stimulus money goes to lazy bums on the curb, and companies that don't need help from the government.
    Obama stated about a month ago, " If you own a business that is successful, you didn't do it! The government made it that way!"
    On a small farm in Tennessee lays a man hard at work. Tending to his crops with two hands and a plow. Come harvesting season he opens a small shop in downtown Knoxville. A few weeks later he has enough money to buy the building and buy two more farms. Now, did he earn that money? Or did the government earn it for him? HE DID!
    Part Two of my rant. Mitt Romney
    This election is the sleaziest, dirtiest election in the history of the U.S.A. See! What the liberals are doing is they are taking Mitt Romneys salary and using it against him!! Romney is a genuis, he earns every single dime lawfully and maturely. He does not buy out other companies and lays everyone off! He buys them, keeps everything running, and sells them to a company that needs the plant, the production, and most importantly the workers. He does not lay them off. He earns his money like a true business man. Here is an EMC example of what the liberals are doing. If PHhagaard earns about 2 millions rupees each month and Happyshopper earns about 500k each month, who obviously works harder? PThaggard. Did he earn that money rightfully? Yes. Did he in any way scam people or force people into giving them money?No. Now comes mod election time( I dunno ) . Both of the names above are listed. You can watch THIER campaign commercial and vote. Now Happy says that PT earns way to much money and scams people. Now is that true? NO! So do you get it now liberals? ( I was not using these people as real examples, just they both have a lot of money and they both work really hard for it. Sorry if that offended you PT of Happy)
    Mitt Romney is always blamed for stuff by the liberals because they know the have failed and they know they are wrong so they focus all the media attention on his fake wrong doings and look away. They are stupid and are literally planting a time bomb on their own chest for whenever that topic closes.
    My rant is not over, I will be back. After dinner.
    When we come back we discuss liberal media and more on Obamas failed " I promise" policies.
    Twitch1, IcecreamCow, nmanley and 3 others like this.
  9. Here come's the heavy discussion:

But seriously, let's all try to keep it civil. Politics is the gift that keeps on giving. The gift is hatred, by the way. So if your angered by someones post, don't fight back, just go cool down. Don't post anything offensive. Now, I'm confident in this communities ability to remain civil, but with politics, you just never know.
    SunnyDayz100 likes this.
  10. holy block of text batman!! i want to read what you said but the block of text hurts my eyes.
  11. The only summary I can give without offending anyone is that Hash98 prefers Romney.
  12. Obama believes in taking people's money... I assume you're talking about the Government taxing it's citizens.... but only those who make 85k a year. I don't think you understand the tax code or Obama's policies. In fact, you're so far off that I don't even know where to start to correct you.

minecraft analogies... awesome! btw, the "Obama's system" you referring to is called taxes and they exist regardless of who is President. Back to your analogy though, according to the 2012 tax bracket system, if you made 100k a month, that's 1.2 million a year which means you'd be paying 35% in income tax, not 15%. Just a very basic google search of "income tax rate" will show that. Your argument would only be valid if Romney was talking about lowering that rate, which he isn't. You're also not making even close to the equivalent of 100k rupees a month in minecraft money.

Again, it's not Obama's plan... it's called Federal Welfare. You should really read up on it before you start getting angry about it. It will exist even if Romney is President.

Now you're changing subjects a bit... you're talking about opportunity which is a whole other ballgame.

that's not the way welfare works. there is a work requirement, so no one who is a healthy adult is sitting at home smoking weed and taking 8% of your money. where'd you get that 8% number anyway?

where did you get those numbers at? take a look at this:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2012/02/dueling-debt-deceptions/

It takes time to work out the budget issues and this may come as a shock to you but maybe if the Republicans AND Democrats worked together they might be able to solve this issue instead of blocking each other.

all of our tax and stimulus money eh... lol, cmon you realize you are exaggerating to make an inaccurate point right?

as far as companies that don't need help from the government? who are you referring to... GM and Chrysler? the Banks? give me specifics because any reasonable person will see that not only did they need help but once they received it they were able to get back on their feet.

and the quote didn't end there

see this:
    http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-didnt-build-that-uncut-and-unedited/
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/31/politics/fact-check-built-this/index.html

and I could go on and on about that subject... don't just regurgitate the stuff you hear on Fox News okay. think for yourself!

it is one of the dirtiest elections... i mean cmon, Romney and Ryan are going around the country lying over and over again. Even when you point it out that they're lying they just continue doing it. Why do you think that is?

Give me an example of something that anyone, liberal or not, blamed on Romney.[/quote][/quote]
  13. I'm growing afraid this debate might erupt into something particularly, not so debatey...
  14. nah, we can keep it civil. i just can't let inaccurate statements stand. there are facts and there is reality. there is room for opinion but not when your opinions contain inaccurate facts.

for example: Obama repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell.... that's an example of a fact. Your opinion can be that you thought that was the wrong decision for the President to make because you don't think homosexuals should serve in the military and then you can go into why you think that is. Your opinion, however, cannot be that Obama didn't repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell because that would be factually inaccurate.
  15. Well, both arent the best. But no point in reelecting a failure, so might as well vote in someone new. I dont believe in voting 3rd party, because they dont really have a chance unless they have a fantastic following. Its a wasted effort, the only real good third party candidate was Teddy Roosevelt IMO. I know a lot of 3rd party voters, and then after the election is done, they complain that the Democrat won. Well then VOTE for the Republican. To me it seems that if you vote for the 3rd party, you are just taking votes away from the "main" candidate that you favor.
  16. It already has...
  17. Yeah, it's dancing on the line of shutdown. Hard to keep political debates calm.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.