If you were voting in the U.S. election today....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sgx2000, Sep 5, 2012.

?

Who would you vote for?

Barack Obama / Democratic Party 37 vote(s) 44.0%
Mitt Romney / Republican Party 34 vote(s) 40.5%
Gary Johnson / Libertarian Party 4 vote(s) 4.8%
Other 9 vote(s) 10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no one has threatened to kill anyone so far so i think it's going good. we gotta keep it open so we can all discuss these things. we are a loving community :)
    nmanley and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. did you want to dispute someone that was said on the webpage? are you denying that the Republicans didn't seize an opportunity and take a small snippet from a speech and spin it to fit some point that Obama wasn't making?
  3. Actually, that was a lazy snip (on my part). I am referring to the website and its origin.
  4. I was going to stay out of this, but I'll respond to this...
    Are you against taxes? If not, then your statement is really skewed. Obama does not believe in "taking from the rich to give to the poor", He wants to restore taxes back to the Clinton era, and remove the un-needed tax cuts given to the wealthy.

Wealthy pay less taxes (% wise) than the middle class, and even some of the richest people even agree they believe they should be paying more (Read up on the Buffet Rule). This is the general idea, is to remove the Bush Era tax cuts for the wealthy, and to cut taxes for the middle class.

In order to receive a middle class tax cut... you have to already be working. Increased welfare has not been a major part of Obama's campaign/presidency.

Besides, you don't reduce spending on the "lazy people" by cutting money to them, sending more of them to the streets. You curb welfare spending by increasing spending in categories to bring on more jobs. Education (Obama's push for more Pell Grants for example) is a major deal.

You give a Welfare recipient 10k in Pell Grants to get an associates degree, and then he is more likely to get a 40k/yr salary job. Then that person is now paying income tax, and has paid back his Pell Grants within 2-4 years in income tax, and reduced spending on Welfare by no longer being on Welfare.

So that is what Obama's economical strategy is about -- Bring the rich to their fair share of taxes, and use that money to reinvest in ACTUAL jobs and education (not "jobs rich people will create if you give them more money" that in reality never happens). which in turn gets people off of Welfare programs, which stimulates the middle class, which stimulates the economy, bringing more money back to the rich people.

No-one lives up to every promise, though that was a pretty blanket statement to say to not raise debt any... I'd need to do some research on his exact words in this regard. But also remember, you gain a lot more information once your "on the inside" and it can hit you pretty hard of "Well, It seemed plausible, but now that I have more facts, man this is impossible to it the way I was envisioning"

Same thing happens to us with development here at EMC. Idea sounds good on paper, but in reality it doesn't always work out once you actually get inside and start understanding how things work.

If the banks collapsed, I don't even want to imagine what could of happened to this country.
    Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–2012_Icelandic_financial_crisis
    Look at how much mayhem it caused Iceland, now imagine the scale of things if it hit a country as big as the US... A country where full on anarchy would not be out of the question.

Same with the auto industries, millions of people would of lost their job, bringing millions more on welfare, and kill off a major part of the US.

But the Stimulus saved the auto industry and is now profitable and repaying their debts, with jobs saved.

Taken out of context:
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...if-youve-got-a-business-you-didnt-build-that/

The general message was "You didn't build it on your own. Other peoples work, including some from the government, helped pave the way to get you to having a successful business", which is pretty true.

The success of every business was based off of someone else's work, you can't deny that. Society is NOTHING like it was in the old days.

The statement is factual, just don't try to take it out of context.

Time to go home now.
    jaqiefox and Dwight5273 like this.
  5. I'm totally allowed to be regretful for someone else, am I?
  6. I'm grateful that Aikar is 100% more political than I am. No one else can describe in words the situation as he has.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  7. Whose Gary Johnson? All I have heard about is Mitt Romney's press and representitives throwing stupid TV ads at President Obama! The messages i've seen Obama put on television, he actually spoke in person instead of Romney. Barrack Obama wasn't a coward and he backed up his TV ad instead of Mitt Romney, which means he doesn't have the courage to do it himself and show his face to the public.

I didn't know their was a knew canidate, I thought is was just President Obama and Mitt Romney! I know our country has billions of billions of dollars in debt, but do you think we will ever pay all of that money off? HECK NO! Im happy to be on Obama's side, I think he is a responsible, truthfull president and has served out country swell, he deserves a couple more years at the stand. I really don't side for Mitt Romney because I have always been a democrat, my parents have been also, so im just taking after them.

But, i've seen people on Tv, mostly the news, complain for the president that was elected, and they didn't even vote! They don't have the right to say crap! Its their own fault they didn't vote. My Social Studies teacher, ( Mr. Sealey ) has said some things about both Mitt Romney, and Barrack Obama. He didn't tell us to side, he didn't say who he voted for either. He wanted us to think, use our brains. He told us this one valuable thing, " No matter whom shall be the president, U.S is plummiting and will continue plummiting no matter the president. We are biullions of dollars in debt, and we have no possible solution to pay back all of that. Unless we make counterfeit money!"( we was stating a joke, and the class laughed ).

I will never forget that day. Now back onto whom I would vote for, im only fifteen, but I have parents, since I can remember I would always go wih my brother and my mom to the voting stands at our local elemantary schools and vote inside the gym. I would hold her hand and watch her pen check whomever she wanted elected. Whenever we got to the president, she asked me " Who do you want to vote for sweetie?" I would reply and say that "I dont really care, as long as your happy, im happy."

No, im not trying to over power you with a short sappy stroy, but thats what I would REALLY say! But now, whenever we go to vote for the president of the United States, I would vote for Barrack Obama. ( currently the president )
    SunnyDayz100 likes this.
  8. Well guys, I appreciate your input, I honestly do read it all, I made some mistakes b/c I was a little heated about all these uneducated liberal post, but Aikar obviosly is educated along with sgx2000 about politics. Again, sgx, I know this forum was meant for calm debate butnI don't think that will ever happen.
    Someone so called " summarized " my debate entry into saying that I was bashing democrats and supporting Romney. I don't like childish post like that. But more or less we all have our own opinions.
    I know I stated " Obama's System " but what I meant by that is the new government bills passed that have been consistent with each other. I thought I stated that the people had to have jobs to get the money, but I guess I am wrong.
    My whole point is that President Obama's systems have not worked. The last four years were terrible. The unemployed rate has gone down, and the economy has been terrible for the middle class.
    We all have our different views. Some in my opinion are wrong, but in the opinions of those who I think they are wrong, I am wrong.
    I am having fun on this thread. I love politics. I strive to be either a politician or a chemical engineer.
    Carpe Scientiam
    62 Days til the Election that will affect the economy jarastically either way.
  9. I just said you like Romney! Where did it say you were bashing democrats?
  10. See that's the problem, most media stations are far left liberal and say things that are false. The only news channel that I watch is FOX News,mwhich I rarely watch, I am watching the Democratic convention right now. I like. Listening to both views but obviosly I am a conservative.
  11. I know what I read, this is not an auction thread so you can edit. But I don't want to fight, maybe I am wrong, but let's cool down this thread.
  12. I haven't listened to either, but I should invest into watching some sort of online video of them both.
  13. [/quote][/quote]
    Well, my dad does make a lot of money, no I am not going to share that amount with you, but his taxes are extremely high and we did the numbers.
  14. Romney 2012, things like "Obama Care" are what makes a country another couple hundred billion in debt.
  15. Have any facts or sources from where your getting this from? Please back up your information before just realising them plain silly into the Forums where you might be bashed.
  16. I have watched both and I can say FOXs coverage is the best. If you are not as conservative as liberal then just mute while they talk, but listen to the convention. FOX I think is the most balanced news station out there though, I have watched every station and that's what I came out with.
  17. I disagree, but I don;t want to argue either.
  18. I ahve only watched Fox, and WXII12 news, I personally agree with you that Fox is the most ballanced news station out their in MY perspective. But I have only watched it since i was around 13, so it could've been different before and they changed some things and shifted things around.
  19. I agree with pig, this is obviosly a mature thread, but amazin was right/wrong. He has increased the debt by 8 trillion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.