I need YOUR help with a project!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by supereskimo, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Awesome! Thanks to everyone who volunteered, and special thanks to everyone who went out of their way to find more people!

As promised, here's a "small clue" as to what the animation's topic will be:

(this comic is from xkcd.com)

And now you know why I need exactly 80 people ;)

Before you get too excited, please realize that it's probably going to take me a while to finish. Next week is finals week for me, so I need to do a lot of studying. Also, I'm planning to have a job this summer, so I'll have to balance work and this project.

Originally, I had planned to animate a full battle with all 80 people. I still plan to do this, but first I want to make a short "tutorial" type video showing how the battle room works. This video should be much easier to make, and will give me experience with animating zero-gravity movement. Additionally, it should help people understand what's going on in the full-length battle.

So far I have designed the battle room model and learned how to put Minecraft characters (with custom skins) into Blender. Here is what I still need to do before releasing the first video:
    1) Study copyright laws so that I can release both videos (without ad revenue) without ticking off Orson Scott Card or Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. (since they own the rights to the Ender's Game film)
    2) Design the flash suit and laser gun
    3) Write the "script" for the video
    4) Animation (this will probably take the most time)
    5) Sound editing

I'm not asking for help with any of these things, but of course tips are greatly appreciated!

A final note: These videos are meant to be for entertainment/education, and are completely fan-based. I won't put ads on them, and I don't plan to profit from them in any way. So if you're familiar with copyright law, please give me some tips on what I need to do in order to release these videos with no legal complications.
  2. I'm really excited now! :D
    supereskimo likes this.
  3. Great book. I regret not being able to get in. Good luck!
  4. I can't wait!
    Drool*
  5. Is it with fighting?
  6. It's pretty much a giant laser tag competition, but in zero gravity.
  7. Please have me win. =P