Howdy! [5x10k rupee giveaway]

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by supereskimo, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Bump.
    So my current, outdated method of map making is to look at my "base" image and try and figure out which block to use next, and then place the block in-game. This requires a lot of jumping between windows, has a lot of room for making mistakes, and takes waaaay too long.
    To speed up the process, I'm going to try to make an MCEdit filter that can export a schematic file based on the original image (which is in png format, but can easily be converted if needed). That way I'll be able to use the Schematica mod to copy the schematic into EMC. It'll take me some time to write the filter, but it'll save tons more time once it's complete. Once the filter is finished, anyone who wants to help will be able to easily download the schematic and start building.
    If you have experience writing MCEdit filters (or python code in general), let me know! I could use a good tutorial, especially for exporting schematic files and reading png/image files.
    Also, there are lots of numbers left for the giveaway!
    Agent_Creeper23 and 607 like this.
  2. Welcome back supereskimo. Can I have 77 please.
    supereskimo likes this.
  3. Bump. I'm getting soooo close to getting the program to work! I had to do some "surgery" on the nbt file my program gave me, but I managed to salvage this monstrosity. A few more hours of debugging, and I should have a usable schematic! :)

Still lots of numbers left, guys! No one can win until all numbers are taken!
  4. 28 please :D
    supereskimo likes this.
  5. Hmm ill throw my hat into the ring. 70!
    supereskimo likes this.
  6. 3 please + welcome back!
    supereskimo likes this.
  7. 46...for five more minutes or so :eek:
    supereskimo likes this.
  8. 10. Here's to the Brew Gloo @ 4500!
    supereskimo likes this.
  9. Well, the top row got cut off for some reason, but otherwise it's finally ready!!!

Time to get building for real, so see you guys on smp1!
  10. 8, please
    supereskimo likes this.
  11. Welcome back to EMC!
    Thank you very much for your generous give away :)
    Could I please have 22? (If that is taken, and number is fine)
    supereskimo likes this.
  12. Bump. Still lots of spaces left!
  13. Lots of numbers left! Just pick one that's not taken for a chance to win 10k!
  14. May I have 20 please :)
    607 and supereskimo like this.
  15. hmmm anyone take 27? if so ima take 27 |:)
    supereskimo likes this.
  16. 13 please
    supereskimo likes this.