How-To: Establishing Your Outpost

Discussion in 'Establishment Requests Pending' started by Krysyy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. You can have a base anywhere. You 'establish' it to make it an official outpost if it fits the rules for establishment. Establishment gives the outpost owner a bit more control then if it were not established.
  2. Ok, in that case I'm fine with my outpost and how it's run currently ;)
  3. So a large part of the frontier will be claimed? And if single players want to go out and mine, etc... they will have to join a faction? A faction that will most likely require payment to be a member? I see some do already. Is this a great idea? It will be like the Oklahoma land rush. Control the land, control the resources, control the money. I'm new to this server but it is sounding more like the faction one I didn't like and left.
  4. you mine in the wast not the frontier
  5. How big can it be? coz mine is bigger than the everage base,
  6. Good point. Yes, I am a noob. I don't know everything about how it will work but I do hope that the frontier will still have something to offer a single player that doesn't want to join a faction, @krysyyjane9191.
  7. The amount of space occupied by outposts isn't anywhere near the amount of open space that is not being used for anything.
    And if in the future a big part of it is claimed, just go farther out or join a free to join outpost, almost every outpost is free to join, requiring you only to ask if you can join and being accepted.
  8. For the moment, I think we are both safe from "standard" base sizes. It is not like we are right next to anyone. Worse case I am already preparing the 3 dc's of powered rails and 6 dc's of regular rails to take me farther into the uncharted territories.
  9. As stated above your primary place to mine for resources is the /waste not the /frontier.

As for land claiming (coming soon) and outpost establishment (current) this is not at all about factions or competition but security/protection.
  10. Thank you MrSocks75. I'm probably just a little gun shy. Love the server and am trying to get my friends on also and off our previous one.
  11. So for the other established but not necessarily Established builds ruling, do random nether portals with no other signs of building count or are they ignored?
  12. This isn't really a faction based server it's more of a community. If you read up on what the advantages are to claiming an outpost you will understand more about why some are wanting to do that. As far as having to pay to be part of someones outpost well, that's up to the individuals i guess I personally would not.
    The wild is quite vast and there is always room to explore. The waste is for getting supplies for what ever you need and is also a great place to explore as it gets reset from time to time(with plenty of warning time) so there is always going to be 'new' stuff and landscapes to get & see.

I do apologize if this has already been said. You seemed a little taken aback and I just wanted to assure you of what an awesome place this is and some other possibilities. =]
    I hope to see you around. I usually hail from smp1. :D
  13. Good question! I'd like to know as well.
  14. Thats been awhile ago since I posted that. I had spent all my time previously on a faction server and this is a whole new and better animal. I am now part of a group (not faction) and they waived the fee as a constructed a portal system to get them there more quickly. However, I was not aware that they reset the frontier from time to time. Yikes, that means everything will be gone. How often should I expect this?
  15. I didn't feel like waiting so I set up my outpost shortly after posting that. It was accepted with other nether portals nearby so they do not count (unless you build atop somebody's portal that didn't give permission, I would assume).
  16. The Frontiers aka Wilds don't get reset. Only the Wastelands. =] Glad to hear you found a place to settle in and make a home. =]

Oh, thanks for letting me know. =]
  17. What is the current wait time on getting approval for an OP?

I have posted in the "pending" forum with all the info required. I have even checked the live map and am well away from any other OP in the area.