How-To: Establishing Your Outpost

Discussion in 'Establishment Requests Pending' started by Krysyy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. The pending sub folder is the correct spot.
    ElfinPineapple likes this.
  2. kevmeup is correct. In addition, staff will move the claim request to the Wilderness forum when it is approved.

It is best to not post in both places or, even worse, only in the wilderness forum. Keeping requests to the claim subform helps us to not only keep things nice and tidy on our end, but it'll also avoid the risk of a claim request getting lost.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  3. Ok. Well I did post in both, but feel free to delete the post in the wilderness forum.
  4. The part of this I struggle with is, what about those of us who, before the Outpost concept became a reality - and who walked a considerable distance from an Outpost spawn and chose to settle, have established over some time (3 years) an area that is too far along to consider simply abandoning it.

My spot, in particular, happens to fall inside the minimum distance from an Outpost, but is by no means close. While I appreciate this Outpost establishment thing, as I can see the potential the future brings for such a Venture (teleporting there, movement restriction. etc.) , to be in a location such as mine, only to find that I am denied this opportunity because I didn't walk a few 100 extra blocks, is where I am struggling.

Perhaps there could be some discussion among the powers that be to extend to those (I'm sure I am not the only one in this position) who have chosen the Empire and have remained a part of it over a long period of time because of what it has to offer, the potential to partake in the Outpost opportunity. I understand that there must be limits, and given the unlimited map the distances currently in place (to a new player) seem legit. I would only hope there could be some concession to those who have made establishments before the newer Outpost concepts were born.
  5. The policy in effect is current for now. This policy was created with the mindset to back up a bit once the official code is in place. By telling people 5000 from an outpost, we prevent over crowding that surrounds the outpost. If it is proven that your base was built prior to the outpost limit announcement via block logs, etc and is within reasonable distance from the current limit as you state it is, then we can look at it. However, this conversation is a moot point until code is released so please pm me once it is released.
  6. I have 3 questions before requesting an Outpost establishment:

1- how can I determine the location of current "Outposts" to stay 5k away?

2- does the locked chest have to stay there, or can it be moved/removed once established?

3- if I already have structures there and 1k blocks away how can I inform staff of which structures I built to make the process easier without giving out coordinates publicly?
  7. 1- You may see them playing or you can check the Live Map to look for visible structures.

2- I have read somewhere that it can be moved.

3- The radius in the establishment is meant to cover the general area around your Outpost. A structure that is 1000 blocks from the center of your Outpost is closer than halfway between you and another potential one. I tried to keep this in mind when making new farms and so forth. The tighter it is the less ambiguous ownership is and the easier it is to keep an eye on it. This is especially so in the Nether since 3000 blocks there is 375.
  8. 1- I don't believe there are any visible structures within 3k blocks, but I plan to confirm via live map and actually running around exploring before I apply.

2- thanks

3- I was mainly asking how I can tell staff which structures that I built without making the cords public. This was mainly to streamline the approval process.
  9. I may be wrong, but I believe they can tell who owns what based upon system logs, in much the same way they determine who griefs something.
  10. Is there any news on when outpost claiming will become available?
  11. It is not on the Dev schedule yet :(

The good news is that grief protection and persistent groups are on the Dev list. Those should help you keep things safer and you might be able to give access chests to a group.
  12. Actually I believe it is on the Dev list....as "Empires"
  13. The name for land claiming is "Outposts". Empires is the ability to form groups that are persistent, which may or may not have a future Outpost associated with it. You can form an Empire and never leave /town.
  14. The land claiming is find and all, but its not very well implemented just yet. I imagine outposts should be indicated on the live map if it ever becomes a thing.
  15. I would really just like to see a message when I enter into someone's claimed area 'you are now entering Cave Dwellers Unite outpost', or 'you are in a claimed area owned by whoever'.
    I have seen this done on other servers - there was even a floating message that stayed put while you were in their territory, stating that you were not in unclaimed land- then at least it would take away the griefer argument that they didn't know they were building on someone else's property..
  16. tbh, what you describe to me is a "proper" use of Towny... There should be 1 world per server which are unrestricted and seperate towns can be made with mayors and residents. I like EMC but I'm not keen on the way towns are implemented.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. It's not really a Towny concept ....it's more of a protected realm sort of concept here. And honestly, based on the descriptions of it, it appears as if there won't be a "Protection stone" or other sort of item used to set-up permissions/movement/activity ...but rather a type of claim where the establisher "runs the show" - makes all decisions regarding the claim (who's allowed, what to build, etc.) and runs it like an Empire situation.
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.
  18. How far away does someone have to be to build near an established outpost?
  19. Says on the first page, 3000 blocks.
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  20. 3000 blocks between bases. Consider if two bases are 3000 blocks away, which base owns the blocks between?