How do you sprint?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Jun 5, 2017.

?

How do you sprint?

Using the default sprint key: Control. 11 vote(s) 36.7%
Using a custom sprint key. 7 vote(s) 23.3%
Double tapping the forward key. 12 vote(s) 40.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Just a simple poll, but I'm interested in the outcome!
    Zrugite likes this.
  2. Ever since I've gotten a wireless mouse I've been using the enter key, because I use the mouse in my left hand and press the arrows keys in the other so having the Sprint key as enter makes it convienant :)
    607 likes this.
  3. I'm actually using 2 options... Often I simply double-tap w, but I also rely on the left shift key for sprinting (because that's easy to reach with my little finger (pinky)) :)
    607 likes this.
  4. Double-tap w. Never felt the need to change the settings, it'd mess with my brain when I play other games.
  5. Arrow key user here, so I use right control (on 1.11.2)
    On 1.8.9 I have a sprint toggle key =)
  6. I use left control to sprint :)
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  7. Doulbe tap W is the only way.
  8. I use left control to sprint in minecraft, but Lshift in bf2. I also have the reversed controls for crouching. Somehow it hasn't bothered me to use inverse controls for either game.
    I would love for the option to turn double tap to sprint off. There is nothing worse for me than walking up to the edge of a skyblock island to bridge across it (in PVP), accidentally tapping "W" twice as I am lining myself up to place the blocks, and unexpectedly propelling myself right off the side of the island and into the void.
  9. I'd probably use the shift key if it wasn't so ingrained on me to double tap the forward key after years of doing so.
    607 likes this.
  10. I use arrow keys and Number pad for all actions. Zero is my jump. 2 is my sprint. Keeps everything close together
  11. I've got completely changed settings, for me sprinting is at E, nicely possitioned next to the w of wasd, so That I About never have to move my fingers arouwd at my keyboard... (Inventory is at I, in case you wonder)
    Zrugite, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  12. I'm with Jelle, except I use Q to sprint, and my drop is P - no chance of accidentally dropping something there
    Jelle68, Zrugite and 607 like this.