Homework Help Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cul1002, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Would you use the Homework Help Thread?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2020.
Most Definitely Yes! 7 vote(s) 63.6%
What's Homework? 4 vote(s) 36.4%
  1. I could probably help you with the basics and most of the maths :p
    Uzack likes this.
  2. Awesome! So what I am struggling with is one of the tasks on one assignment. I'll leave a screenshot and translated text:

Between two parallell, stationary plates, it is a fully developed stream. The distance between them is "h". The velocity distrubution is given by: u(y)=...

a) What does it mean that a stream is fully developed?
    b) Find an expression for the shear stress distribution in the stream. Draw a graph which shows this distribution.
    c) The distance between the plates, h, is 2mm. The constant a is 1.0*10^6 m^-1s^-1. The viscosity of the liquid is 1.0*10^-3 Ns/m^2. What is the force and direction of the shear stress on the lower plate?

No worries if you can't help me out. I'm just gonna ask my teacher over the weekend anyway. :)
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  3. I enjoyed reading the Norwegian! What's the task you are struggling with, though? :p
    Uzack likes this.
  4. Norwegian is a fun language. ;) Struggling with b) and c). I don't really know what to do there.
    607 likes this.
  5. Theeennnn I'd just use my desktop without a webcam..? I doubt they would just send out webcams to everyone... :p

Not yet, but I might in a few months, I'll get that coming September. :)
    AmusedStew and Uzack like this.
  6. I can hopefully help you out by then. ;)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  7. It forced webcam use. If you don't own a webcam you would have to go to the school's library or you could go to your local library. :p
    607 likes this.
  8. :D

That sucks. :p The school's library is closed and the local library doesn't have such facilities I think... :p
    607 likes this.
  9. Added!
  10. Does anyone have any experience using VLOOKUP and PivotTables in Microsoft Excel?
  11. This is a cool idea! I've taken several advanced classes but I'm pretty sure there's people more experienced than me in this thread. Here's some unique subjects that I've taken that people haven't talked about much: AP Literature/Language, Spanish Level V and AP level, AP Statistics, Nazi History (yes that was a class at my school but that prob won't help anyone)

Regarding this concept, I've taken many AP Exams and open-note exams wouldn't really help. For example, normally the AP Physics 1 exam gives you all the equations at the start but the questions themselves are so conceptual-based. Spending ten minutes to answer one multiple choice question would probably be a waste of time. Other exams like AP Spanish or AP Literature - u need all that time. But true, what stops people from creating convos with the entire class and sharing answers? I'm so glad I finished all my APs last year, this sounds like a nightmare. :eek:
  12. I've done physics with most formulas given as well, but even despite that being able to look in your book or notes or using the internet would be give a great advantage. You can't, however, get away with not studying at all. You need to have seen everything at least once, and should know where to find stuff. If you're not too slow, you should then be able to do most questions, and have the book/a summary/internet help you out on those that you don't know. :)
    jacob5089 and 607 like this.