Help me Build a Computer!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ShadowKman, Dec 29, 2013.

1. I already have one stick, I lost the other one.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. yeah... i think you need the origninal pair. see my last post
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Nope. It was just sold as a pair, all RAM should work independently.
    File a complaint via eBay. The seller is just trying to talk you out of their own mistake.
    mba2012 and technologygeek like this.
  4. Thanks! I guess u have to use the same ram DIMs?
  5. Yes, I believe the specs must match.
  6. He described the package to me via messaging, he said they were separately put in separate bubblemaillers and put into a box. I don't remember...
    I can't file a complaint until I know that it is their mistake.
  7. Well that sucks. But maybe ask for pictures?
  8. He has given me a detailed explanation of their shipping process. I'll buy two more on Ebay for $80. That way if it ever shows up I'll have 16GB.
    On the bright side I was rummaging through the spare parts we had and found a Hitachi Deskstar 500GB hard drive. I'll be able to put two of my hard drives in a raid now.
  9. Another bump, if anyone can find me just one more 4GB stick of Corsair Dominator RAM I would appreciate it a lot.
    Also give me your keyboard, PSU, and possibly monitor suggestions.
  10. Uh for a monitor I'd use a HP wide one :p
  11. I've got a nice 21 inch Samsung. Works pretty well, just the on/off button is in a bit of an odd spot, underneath the screen. Works well though, very good colours and everything.
  12. So here's an update.
    I sadly didn't find the box with the second RAM. :(
    The professional company that sent it did not have the most obvious packaging.
    I will see if I can contact Corsair and buy a single stick.
  13. I still think that it was the sellers mistake. Any normal seller would have taped the two plastic memory holders together, or just wrapped them both up in bubble wrap. If they claimed to use two separate boxes within another box, they are definitely lying to you. That is not cost effective and it does not improve the packages safety.
  14. Another bump.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152049
    I'm thinking of getting that PSU. Any objections or better suggestions for a lower or equal price.

I think I'm going to snag some corsair vengeance RAM off of Ebay for $60.
    I'll see if I can squeeze $30 out of the cheaty local seller for the last Dominator, or should I save it?
  15. Bump for the post above.
  16. TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. I might get that later on, but I'm only going to be using blue lights.
    I've discovered that the Gunmetal Phantom is out of stock... I'm thinking of getting a Blue Blackhawk and getting a blue LED CPU fan. I've seen a few on Newegg for around $50. Any suggestions for anything, a case with a blue theme or cooler.