Help me Build a Computer!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ShadowKman, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. No graphics card and Logisys power supplies are junk to be honest. A bad power supply can lead to many headaches if things go wrong.
    Equinox_Boss and Kman122000 like this.
  3. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Equinox_Boss and Kman122000 like this.
  5. Why must PCs be so expensive xD
  6. I'm going to go to a local store parts this Friday and ask and put together a plan for what to buy.
    So should I get an Intel or AMD processor, because right now I'm thinking i5K.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. AMD CPUs generally have more cores and faster clock speeds, but intel CPUs are more expensive and more efficient. (Better architecture, more performance out of slower clock speeds, which means less overall heat and longer lifetimes.)
  8. You have quite the tight budget, so I would go for an AMD.
  9. >.> Amd...
  10. More cores isnt neccessary for gaming. NEW games use a max of 4, so I would stay away from more than that unless you leave all your tasks open. Minecraft uses only one I believe.
  11. I honestly thought my statement leaned more towards intel rather than AMD. Minecraft does only use a single core, but it would do better with a higher clock speed than with a CPU with more refined power.

You would be hard-pressed to find an application that singularly uses more than four cores, but Intel hyperthreading and AMD's extra cores still find use by allowing four full cores to be dedicated to a game, using others for the operating system, among other things.

It's not very easy to advise you on your purchase when I don't know what you intend to do with your PC.
  12. I guess I should have answered that a while ago.
    I would like to be able to play Minecraft with great FPS and great settings.
    I would like to play Steam games with smooth FPS and nice quality.
    I would use it for school work and that's all the major stuff.
    I would also possibly like to get into streaming using the new built-in feature, and possibly video capture.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. "Steam Games" range from anyone can play it to top end machine needed, so can you specify a bit more? I dont know how well you could record, but you basically need 70 frames BEFORE recording to get 35-40 solid after.
  14. Games like TF2, Portal, etc.
    Nothing a whole lot more intense than that.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Alright, you wont need anything too powerful than.
  16. Is the Battlefield, Metro, Crysis, and/or Far Cry series appealing to you?
    I know, I run an Intel myself, but with this budget its practically impossible to get a decent i5 build out of it.
  17. No, I don't plan on playing any of those games.
    I have upped the budget because I see that building a good computer at that price is pretty hard.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Way too expensive for him. Overpriced SSD, HDD, DVD drive, fan controller, HDMI cable, out of stock fans, OS can't handle 16gb of RAM, Ram is overpriced and inefficient, and power supply is not the best brand.
  19. Eh, put it up there for asks. fan control, hdmi, fans are for another build, ignore them XD. what is the most windows can handle?