Help me Build a Computer!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ShadowKman, Dec 29, 2013.

1. I'm going for a blue and black theme. I've recently noticed that most of my components are blue. Hence I will call it The Blue _____. I'm probably going to get a blue Blackhawk and a really cool looking blue CPU fan. That leaves me to get RAM, which I'll snag some Vengeance off of EBay. I also need an internet internal chip, and I'll look for a monitor.
  2. Bump, going to be buying soon.
  3. You might already know this, but if you're deliberating about which part to select, read the customer reviews, see the opinions and feedback of others who have used the product. Doing so has helped me numerous times in the past.
    sqiggleyjeff likes this.
  4. I would go with the Enermax as it has the best score and looks the best IMO. But the thing you have to worry about is if it has enough clearance for your ram and if it will even fit inside your case. As long as your case has enough air flowing through it And if you don't plan on overclocking you really don't have to spend the extra money on a aftermarket cooler even though they tend to be better and quieter. But that's just my opinion it's your computer so do what you want with it.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  5. I would like to bump this thread again...
    I tried to do a bench test but the DRAM light was solid red when I first booted and the board wouldn't post. I read that the Ripjaws weren't compatible with the mobo. I bought some vengeance which were compatible, and still got the LED. Now I think its the mobo, so I think I'm going to get an MSI Z77A-G45. I also read that i5 2500k can't support 1600, but should downgrade it upon boot. Any help or suggestions?
  6. The processor isn't the issue; the motherboard is. According to this website, the MSI Z77A-G45 supports DDR3 1600 DRAM. Have you checked its specs to ensure it's what you want?
  7. http://ark.intel.com/m/products/522...-cache-up-to-3_70-ghz#@product/specifications
    If you look through those it says it supports this he highest of 1333. The board should automatically configure it to that upon boot, but this mobo that I had first had bent chips when I bought it, supposedly we fixed them. Guess not. If you've got any other mobo suggestions that are compatible that would be reasonable that would be great.
  8. Bump. Help pls.
  9. as long as your motherboard supports it you will be fine, 1333Mhz is just what intel recommends. It does however seem that if you intend to use what it isn't rated for it can cause problems to arise in the future, you can also try and test the memory on a system you know works if at all possible.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/291469-30-intel-2500k-supported-speed
  10. Bump. Probably going with MSI z77A-G45 unless someone shows me a much better atx board around $100. If you can, search "z77 atx" boards in EBay. That's where I'm most likely going to buy from.
  11. I would avoid ebay, and find something here that fits your specs.
  12. I do not want to use Newegg for several reasons, one is that I get charged with tax fees. I'm fine with Amazon but you can great deals on Ebay. My policy is to not buy anything that has been majorly used.
  13. Taxes will be minimal, its not worth it to buy used at all. Especially with a motherboard.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  14. kman, pm me. I've built lots of computers and can help you out if you'd like ;)
  15. If I can save an extra $8 I would much rather go with Amazon. I only buy with at most one month of use and in excellent quality. I have learned to always ask. I've also seen cheaper prices for he parts I was buying on Ebay.