Have an issue? Let's Talk :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I have one more issue that I just realized.
    The issue of "nfail2oo9"
    I've heard this is an alt of a member of the Staff team.
    Now said player might not realize it but people are still friends with nfell2009 (the account the alt was named after)
    So I'd rather have clarification of account names that are not allowed on EMC, and add disrespectful names towards other players.
    Thank you
    ~Brick
    Jake_bagby, 607, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  2. It hasn't happened recently. But staff have been demoted for similar things. Definitely not mentioning any names; but if it comes to that I believe he will do it for the good of the community.
  3. I've expressed my opinions and issues with community 'leaders' and have gotten bureaucratic responses that don't line up with a lot of things that have happened. The statements made were designed to cause me to stand down and not question the judgement of the 'leaders' of the community I was a part of. With each new thing brought to EMC, I see the same patterns. How dare I bring these issues to those who can fix it... It's pointless. It won't get fixed, your opinion will not matter, and you will walk away feeling like you've been bureaucratically destroyed by the very people you trusted to value your opinion.

I've had plenty of chances to express my suggestions and concerns and they've all been taken. Unfortunately, the 'elite' will always trump the concerns of those who actually care.
  4. We reached out to the player whom had that name and it will no longer be an issue. This is something that came up and was solved a while ago now. :)
    Cchiarell6914 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. this is where "i heard this" and "i know this" are two completely different things.

Watch what you believe from rumors. If all rumors were true, I would be a guy...
    607, mba2012, Cchiarell6914 and 7 others like this.
  6. If you have any concerns about EMC features, please contact myself and Aikar and let us know what they are. We won't always have answers you may like, but that doesn't mean your feedback isn't valued. Aikar has opened up quite a bit to being more open with things like this in the past months. :)
  7. Ah. :) Well ok then :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. You're not?

: Walks away awkwardly :
  9. The right thing. I mentioned earlier in this thread that staff has grown to quite a large number. Even when we were small, there were staff members that just, werent cut out for the job. They did questionable things, they made choices that directly took advantage of a position they were given. I know some of these. I know that in the past, and in the future, there will be staff members that will disciplined.

Square faulty by design? Maybe a little. An accidental landing can happen.

However, it is the responsibility of the staff to ONLY look at what is needed, use what is needed, and no more. They are given this trust. If anything, you not helping us correct something that is broken (i.e. a Staff member, the transparency of square) will slow down progress to making EMC the best it can be. Which is all the goal has, and ever will be. We WANT you to tell us! You can yell at us! You can send destroying letters, tearing flesh from our internet bones! WE can handle it! What we cant handle, is having player's believe they have no voice. You thinking it is better to stay quiet than to speak up, is honestly the hardest hitting thing I have read on this thread. No staff member is beyond error, and no feature is beyond repair, something like this is serious. While we are open that when needed, chat is checked, it should never feel that you can not say what you want in the proper channels.

This is something that needs to be corrected, without the open cooperation, it can not be, or will take longer.

We WANT to help. It does not matter if you had to complain about my own wife! If I had to turn to her and let her know she did something wrong and would now be demoted, I would, because a Staff position on EMC is not for everyone. If someone is abusing a system we trust them not to, it only makes it worse to wait.
    607, NZScruffy, Cchiarell6914 and 4 others like this.
  10. So you're clearly not happy with the responses, and now is your chance to air your concerns again where the type of response you described wont be so readily accepted by the masses.
  11. Yeah, because supposedly there are no girls on the internet :p
  12. =D
  13. Unfortunately, Aikar has never been unopened to suggestions. So we can use the power of deduction to figure out what I'm speaking about. Features aren't what I'm worried about.

When you run a community, you should do so without favoritism or bias. Fairness should resonate in everything you do from the players who have been here from the start of EMC to the player who joined 3 minutes ago.

By mentioning Aikar and his opening up to things such as this, you try to take the scope off of yourself to provide yourself a blockade to anything said against your own judgement, which I won't do in this thread. But I can guarantee you I will never trust coming to you with an issue in the future, and I'm sure there will be a few others, if not more, who will avoid coming to you in the future as well.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this and future posts of mine are solely the opinions of myself and doesn't NECESSARILY reflect the opinions of any other single person in this community -- I speak on my own behalf.
  14. I've been trying to get aikar to implement my disguise....
  15. There aren't. only guys play video games. Girls are to busy sewing and playing with dolls
    jkjkjk182, princebee, 607 and 14 others like this.
  16. Well, I don't recall anything that you've come to me with that would cause you to feel that way, and the way I handle myself to everyone can verify I'm a very safe person to come to with things. However, you're welcome to not like me, and I'm okay with that. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. I think moose would be the one walking away awkwardly.... =P
    607, NZScruffy, Cchiarell6914 and 7 others like this.
  18. Give it to us! right here in the open! I will read every line of every post... The 'elite' have no bearing here, this is person to person. I, sir, await your ammo.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Pab10S like this.
  19. -MODERATED due to rudeness-
  20. No need to get hostile here. This isn't meant to be that. If you have personal concerns with me, contact me in private and we can hash them out...because, I suppose I am really that clueless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.