Have an issue? Let's Talk :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not trying to be rude here, but if you have such a horrible opinion of Aikar, then why bother to stay? Why play on a server ran by someone you seem to absolutely hate? I don't know what he's done to put you in such a foul mood to say things about him and just be outright rude and hateful but it just doesn't make sense that you would stay/support a server if you hated him that much.
  2. or to busy in the kitchen :p (also G.I.R.L. (guy in real life) just a random saying/troll)
    Mirr0rr and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I see no camera. This may be about how each person is portrayed - but it is all about opinion here and Jeremy understands that.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Its actually.. about Jeremy. His post translated - hate is "I have never had a problem with Aikar, so there are only 2 people I could be talking about, and Aikar is not the one.. it Has to be ICC"
    Cchiarell6914 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Sure. Lets start here, then.

-MODERATED due to rudeness-
  6. Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Maxarias and her spring to her current position is the obvious referral and it's a point mentioned and raised by many people outside of the EMC medium who aren't happy with it because of how it looked to the outside observer.

I know there are more couples, just can't remember who.

On one hand it makes sense, but on the other, fairer hand, it doesn't at all and reeks of plain and simple unprofessionalism.
  7. Res and Local are monitored as well, in a similar manner to Town. One of my New Atlantia fellows was banned for things said in local chat, in the wilds well away from any other form of eavesdropping or monitoring. Likewise, I was informed of an incident that took place in residential chat and ended with moderator action. In the latter case, it was well-deserved, but both serve as an object lesson that nothing you say on EMC can be considered confidential.
    NZScruffy and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Oh, I was confused, since I've seen otherwise stated, like his page >.> Also:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I gave Jeremy plenty of chances to show me who he really is. This isn't a pissing contest with him... this is a genuine opinion I've formed about him. My opinion is dynamic and changes when a person changes, and until he changes, my opinion will remain the same. The moderator issue is one of probably about a couple dozen of the other issues that I have with the community, but its one that is very recent due to the latest moderator list-pick. I want to see people who deserve the position become moderators... I want to see the moderators who deserve senior staff be promoted to senior staff... I want fairness.
  10. I never plan to change who I really am. I feel I'm nice, fair, and open with people. I'm sorry that you decide you don't want to like me based on your reasons, you're very welcome to that opinion, and I'll treat you the same on EMC as I do everyone else. :)
  11. On a side note, this thread has some fairly serious and / or personal opinions being raised by players. Can we try not to derail this thread with off-topic or devalue someones comments with levity?
  12. -MODERATED due to rudeness-
    Equinox_Boss and brickstrike like this.
  13. Agreed. Let's keep this on topic with actual community questions or concerns. :)
    NZScruffy and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. Well, seeing as this thread was made exactly for the reason of issues whether it be player, feature, or community problems, I think that maybe put it in spoilers? ;3
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. The staff team is picked with the advice and help of the staff team, suggestions, and lots of research on the players. We're fine there. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. As far as I'm aware, not a single moderator that was chosen in this batch is related to any current staff member in any way at all, whether it be husband or wife, or any other relation. They were all simply deserving community members.
  17. I'm sure he's referring to posts that have nothing to do with anything relative to the serious discussions here. Yours clearly falls under the serious discussion category.

Considering I've had discussions with at least 11 relatively old-time players outside of the EMC medium about the very matter you raised, there are no doubt more who have the same concerns.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. I feel like I am sorta grouped in this. But, any of the staff members will tell you. I was a mod for 2 years before my wife was ever even considered. And she worked hard for it, because I straight up said, "I do not want you to get a staff position because of me". She strived hard to be active, and part of everything.

Moose and Kryssy happened similarily. Moose was a mod for quite some time before kryssy was promoted. Aikar and Max, werent even together when they were promoted, so that is moot.

Now, some promotions that have happened after the fact of some events. Lets look it as more of a business. Aikar and Max are married, engaged at the time they took over EMC. They work together. Max will be in the same house as the person who has all of the control of major happenings on EMC. She was an active community member long before they met. So yeah, I can see the bias, I can also see the reasoning. She will have, directly, access to everything an administrator would, however, she also has her own personal separate tasks that she performs as her self.

If Aikar had taken over EMC, and max had never played minecraft before and THEN became an admin, well then, I would be holding the torch with you.

I dont even have to type here.

Whoever said this... summed it up nicely.
  19. Keep it on concerns and not your personal opinion of me as a person is what he meant I think. And I agree, if you need to yell at me in private, go for it and get whatever you want off your chest to make you feel better, haha. But, let's keep that off of this, please.
  20. Actually* (not trying to be snob)
    OrigamiJoe is a part of OBAM and friends with IcC.
    :3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.