Happy Veterans Day 2015!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Krysyy and our Development team are the best out there. If they say they can not make it were you can wear a poppy, then thats how it is.
  2. Ok
  3. Pumpkin blocks are designed to be worn in Minecraft so we just modified that. Notice how it's the shape of your player head; a perfect fit.

Technically we CAN make the poppy wearable, but it looks terrible because items are not designed to line up properly on the player form. It basically looks like you have a flower/vine stuck thrugh you like a sword. And thus, the Remembrance Poppy item is not wearable.
  4. Thank you for your service
    Mystul and iNachos10 like this.
  5. could get someone to make a texture pack that adds a poppy onto the armour
  6. That is up to you to do. EMC doesn't use a custom texture pack.
    607 likes this.
  7. Nope, your just gonna have to find a texture pack like that or make your own.
  8. i am a skin maker
  9. I'll do my best to come. :)
  10. Such a great idea, Krysyy, and so respectful.;)
    iNachos10 likes this.
  11. What are you thanking them for?
    I'm sorry if I seem disrespectful to you, I really don't understand many American holidays (or whatever they're called, might as well call them promo days :p).
  12. We honor all those who have served or are serving in the armed forces.
    Basically we give thanks to them for sacrificing themselves for their country.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  13. 607, you being from the Netherlands, I'm saddened a bit. Do a lookup of Bastone Dec 1944.

However, this being EMC, we could call it promo day as well.
    iNachos10 and NathanRP like this.
  14. The Commonwealth (the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, etc.) celebrate Remembrance Sunday, and then 'Remembrance Day' on the 11th November - which is pretty much the same as the United States' veterans day. We just have really extravagant ceremonies, some of which are attended by members of the royal family (some of which are also soldiers or ex-soldiers in the British Army).

Edit: Seen Krysyy's post, needed to prove her wrong :p

Remembrance Day, at least in the UK, is the commemoration of all armed forces on our side, with extra emphasis on the guys who died during World War II and 'stopped us from speaking German'. We still celebrate modern-day veterans and serving men and women.
    Bastogne is in Belgium, not the Netherlands...
  15. where i live it is called remembrance day and it was yesterday
  16. That Correction was beautiful
    Mystul likes this.
  17. In some parts of the world it's already tomorrow. :p
  18. The western front line during World War I was primarily located in Belgium and France. The Netherlands were officially neutral during that conflict and did not participate directly militarily. Therefore, Armistice Day, which spawned numerous related observances throughout the Anglosphere, is not a part of their cultural heritage.

The Dutch do however observe "Dodenherdenking", or "Remembrance of the Dead" on May 4th with respect to both military personnel and civilians killed during war time. This is done each year in conjunction with their observance of "Liberation Day" on May 5th which marked the end of the Nazi occupation in 1945.

It's a similar concept, just done on a different time frame based upon their experiences.
    607, FDNY21, ChrisFlareon and 2 others like this.
  19. I corrected the name and location. I only intended to correct the location, didn't even realise he spelt the name wrong :p