Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Gosh I used up like an eighth of my turkey slicer killing one but i got 11 cooked turkey so it was worth it :)
  2. We really need turkeys to spawn above ground and closer to the player. :mad: I heard it, and I looked around uunderground fora few minutes, and found nothing.
    deathconn likes this.
  3. I'm assuming it's a bug or something. Aikar's post implies he meant for them to spawn anywhere a chicken can, but I haven't talked to anyone who has found one on ground level grass.
  4. You have talked to someone who found his only turkey in a water pool on the surface.
  5. :p
    I've had a bit of luck searching under oceans. It's a little less volume to cover.
  6. Ahh... good idea.
    EDIT-The super turkey has 2048 health?!? That's insane!
  7. Out of all the turkeys I've seen at this point, two were above ground. All the rest were in the massive cave system below. I've also seen regular chickens spawn down there as well as sheep and pigs. Either they're spawning there or just wandering down there.

If anyone HASN'T seen a turkey yet and wants to, just find me on the live map and I'll show you a place where you shouldn't have any issue finding one. Just talk to High_Jacker, Huckleberry, Elysphic, and several other players I've shown this place and they all found their first turkeys here.

I would recommend bringing some halfway decent armor, some food, and a voters sword or several other swords. I can provide you a bed and an enderchest to store the items safely.

*DISCLAIMER: this goes without saying but if you choose to grief the area that I show you then you will be banned.
  8. Happy Thanksgiving :)
    wkramer79 likes this.
  9. What he said
  10. I love this event! The only item I need is a 2014 slicer.
  11. Well, it was a wonderful time, but the 30th is my B-day! I am happy to be officially older, now!
  12. Yup.
  13. i wish the turkey slicer was 9k
  14. Do we get Wednesday as well or does it run out tuesday night?
  15. It'll be Wednesday night for us because of the time difference :p
  16. I found 3 turkeys swimming in lava ocean in Nether and 2 turkeys in the same place (also in nether) .... is the feast chest spawning in nether too?
  17. Killed about 6 or 7 of those SUPER turkeys...I think I have carpal tunnel now...
  18. Anyone have any tips for me as for how to find a feast chest?
  19. Try the nether. I find them everywhere out there.
  20. I found three less than 100 blocks from waste spawns.