Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. With my voting sword, by myself, I'd say it takes more than 100 hits. Maybe 150 or so. Hard to tell but it takes a good while to get it to die.
  2. and for everyone's enjoyment, I found a Super Turkey while on an alt and killed it myself.

Took me and my brother (well mostly me, he went off to take care of a creeper), 20 minutes to kill with unenchanted iron swords.

I regret this monster now.
  3. ooh eye_car! :p
  4. nope...

But even more fun just was had! I was climbing a tree to chop some much needed wood, and what do I find? A feast chest chilling at the top of the tree! Of all the trees I could of climbed, I climbed this one.

It is quite fun to play as a player for this event :)
    hashhog3000 and cadgamer101 like this.
  5. Just had a super turkey spawn in the end...
  6. They do that sometimes.. it very rarely happens though.
  7. Nice.
    Thanks for the event and mob.
    For some reason, even in a room with interior 3x3x3, the Super Turkey keeps giving me the Warning can not reach you, special drops will be reduced.
    This seems odd, and it is frustrating.
    What is the issue, it doesnt even need to reach me, and it 100% can reach me well.
    Any advice ?
    Thanks, again, cool event/mob.
  8. About half the time I enter the End one spawns. I wouldn't say that they're rare.
  9. It's just me then.
  10. I just got the gobble gobble, for the third time, and can't find it.
  11. The gobble gobble shows up for me if I leave the area and come back. If you do that a few times in different directions it can really help you zero in on your dinner. I recommend drinking some fire res, carrying a water bucket, and just digging straight down in the middle of the area and looking for the yellow name.
  12. The turkeys don't attack you. :\ the first (and only) time I killed one, I was in a water pool alone brawling him with a voters sword and I did not take damage once. I also scouted out at least 128 chunks of land.
  13. I finally found where all the super turkeys are that are spawning. I kept seeing "Gobble Gobble" but couldn't find them. I dig down underneath the ground and there are three of them chilling down in some caves. I killed two but one is swimming underneath lava and I can't reach him.
  14. I have an idea - spawn them at Y 255 then launch them downward, with an infinite jump boost 255 until the block under them is not air. Very good solution. I am not happy about this. No pickaxe to dig down with me = :mad:
  15. I'd say you either have a half slab floor and when you "scoop' them up to pin them you get the message, or you're getting a tad close (in the same block space) when they're pinned against a corner. Otherwise, you should be fine :)
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  16. now that I found the cave they are in I literally see them spawning as soon as I kill one. Just got done killing 4 turkeys and then another one spawns. I got tired of killing them, it's a ton of work. I couldn't imagine doing it without a voters sword.
  17. Best turkey killing technique if they're in lava: carry around a fire resist a lead with you. Jump into the lava (if he's too far away) attach the lead, swim away with your victim. The just dig a 2-deep hole (Wider&longer holes are better) He'll eventually run into it. Make the hole into a 2x2x1 hole, cover the top and beat the crap out of him.

Also, make sure there aren't any lava blocks around your hole. The drops are known to warp through walls into the closest air gap, so after you kill the turkey, dig all around your hole.
  18. i saw gobble gobble in the chat so i knew one was near, never found it :/ so hard to find them from my perspective
  19. The turkey should only spawn within the chunk that the player is in on grass blocks.
  20. That Explains why i found a chest floating in mid - air in the waste -.- xD