Griefing is out of control!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Daguman, May 14, 2014.

1. I took this picture a while ago. It's right outside the Frontier Nether spawn. 2014-05-17_12.24.27.png
  2. Like I said in another thread, It is a risk that you shouldnt have to take (Building in the wild), but reality is like many people said, they see it and grief it.
  3. This is how it feels

4. There is some Grief Prevention plug-ins out there that are very stable like the Golden Shovel method which can be set in the Frontier areas and can be made to charges the players claiming land there like 100 to 10,000 Rupees per block claimed. That way people can't claim too much land, but they would have to pay a lot if they were to do so. Like if you set the first 100 blocks (10 x 10) they can claim is free, but every block after that is 5000 rupees to claim for an example, that way then people can't make too many over the top structures I the area. They could if they can afford the high costs. Just like the Town plots on Empire Mine Craft, the Gold Shovel method can set flags on the claim, preventing others from stealing and destroying anything on the claim. This is just a simple suggestion and not a demand of any sort. I’m just offering my 2 cents on the Grief Prevention solutions that can or may help Empire Mine Craft in the future.
  5. Land claiming is something Aikar has been working on for a long time now. It's going to be an Empire custom plugin as Aikar doesn't like using other's plugins, for good reason. I'm sure once it's finished it will provide exactly what we need and essentially eliminate major griefing.
    PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  6. If this were to include any area near the spawns, it wouldn't have a good effect. I absolutely hated finding servers that had plugins like this because it was so hard to move through the thickly claimed spawn plots. It was so annoying that I would quit the server maybe ten blocks off of a spawn. I think many players who like EMC like it because it not in any way like the kind of servers that use the golden shovel method.
    PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  7. I made a custom land claiming plugin in like 20 minutes using WorldGuards API (which pretty sure EMC uses). Doesn't allow for overlap claims, allows use of setting WorldGuards nearly endless flags, and is like less then 100 lines of code making it extremely lightweight and doesn't effect server performance at all.

Dunno how EMC has gone by this long without even the most basic player claiming system, but to each their own I guess. I do know though that I got griefed 1 time in the Wild, and when I saw they don't roll back even though they permanently ban griefers, I was pretty much done with the Wild. It's a full on town server, the Wild is just a glorified version of the Waste really. That is unless you build 100k blocks out, so that every time you want to town run you can travel for an hour. :rolleyes:
  8. I disagree. I have a wild base 20k out in the wild, and with a nether tunnel that's about a 15 minute trip. I've never been griefed, and have had a lot of fun in the wild. While griefing is definitely an issue, it's an issue that is going to happen on any large server. As players, it's partially our responsibility to take steps to not get griefed. I don't know why it's taken Aikar this long, but I know he's a busy man and probably has some huge, complicated idea for exactly how he wants land claiming to work.
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. That's a little different from griefing though. The Nether is there for everyone to use, while of course it would be better to not damage the terrain too badly. This is different from destroying somebody else's creation though.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  10. Do you think they care though? If they griefed in the first place?
  11. That was me being banned for doing much more serious than griefing.

and no, I didn't care about getting banned in that server.
  12. Speaking of the Frontier. Can we finally get a reset in the PRA zone?
    607 likes this.
  13. As I have free time. I am actually working on this. Need to make an official post regarding it though - explaining why it is going to take so long though.
    cadgamer101 and 607 like this.
  14. *throws popcorn at chickeneer* Thanks!
  15. It wasn't event a day and my tree house I made at the South West Outpost in the Wilderness Wasteland western exit on SMP1 was completely griefed. Man that’s record time guys! I was so upset because the manner of how they did it. It was as if they didn’t care that they did it. The other guys that griefed me at least left signs saying they did it like, "Ha Ha, I got your stuff!" or something along that line.

Attached Files:

16. Oh my gosh! I can't believe they get through the EMC Tutorials and yet they don't know what is griefing and stealing! I caught 1 guy and destroying stuff i made and he said it was open game and anyone can get these things! For the Picture with the bridge they stole the right side torches. Its a sad day when we do bad things and think they are good things. when people grief, I try to repair stuff, but I think its a lost cause now. It seems like doing the right thing is useless here.

Attached Files:

17. One other sad thing is no one cares to do anything about this and I cant do anything about this! :(
  18. If you have griefing problems, PM a staff member. Considering that it was dirt that the structure is made of, it is not surprising that it has been griefed. There will be no end to griefing of structures made too close to spawn, there is no way to constantly protect everything without heavily restricting players.
  19. Technically, that's not griefing. The PRA zone is for everyone to use and you're not going to escape the holes that are literally everywhere unless you travel for atleast 10 minutes.
    607 likes this.