Gold Medal of Kindness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NDubb424, Jul 7, 2017.

1. I could be mistaken, but I note a tinge of sarcasm here.

I can't be anymore clear about this. The winners are selected based on the nominations I receive. If you want your voice heard, PLEASE NOMINATE SOMEONE! And PLEASE include a reason why!

There were SEVERAL players I would have loved to honor this month, but there were no reasons stated why! There was also a very, very no name player that I really REALLY wanted to pick for this honor, but then they went and nominated themselves!

I can only pick based on the submissions I receive, and I would sure love to receive more, and I would ABSOLUTELY love to have a ton more for new/no name players.

That being said, everyone has the same opportunity to win. From Aikar, to a player that signed up 5 minutes ago. I am not going to toss out staff nominations, or nominations for well known players just because they are well known. How is that fair?

I am happy with my choices, and I stand by them based on the nominations that I received. If you find you are not happy with them, then either nominate someone for the month of September, or keep on scrolling.
  2. You noted wrong. No sarcasm present.
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  3. Then I apologize like a crazy person! I just feel like I have been defending this thing so much lately lol. And I am still on edge from the storm. No excuse though. I was a jerk. And I am sorry, Runder.
  4. All good. No need to apologise.
    ShelLuser, AyanamiKun and NDubb424 like this.
  5. I wasn't really having the best day today until I got on emc, I found that in my mail and that just made my day :D
    ShelLuser and NDubb424 like this.
  6. I like this thread, thank you for sharing this NDubb
  7. Good job ET, you were the most capabile person to earn this award undoubtedly.;)
    Eviltoade and NDubb424 like this.
  8. Thanks Stny! When you have a chance, please nominate someone for August! MJnoe and I would really like to keep this award going, and possibly make it bigger with events/parties! :)
    Merek_Shadower and Sazukemono like this.
  9. We are already 3 weeks in to September, remember to nominate (include why) using a book and quill or PM NDubb424 before the end of the month!
    NDubb424 likes this.
  10. Don't forget your nominations for August! We have eight more days before nominations close!

To make a nomination you have several options!
    1) PM me directly
    2) Make a nomination on this post
    3) Visit /v +kindness on smp2 to drop a completely anonymous book. This book does not need to be signed.
    4) Visit mjnoe70 on smp1 to drop a completely anonymous book. This book does not need to be signed.

Please make sure to include a reason! If you want to remain anonymous, you do not have to sign the book!

Thank you!
    ShelLuser, AyanamiKun and MoreMoople like this.
  11. Hey. If you guys feel the need i would be happy to provide a drop spot on both Utopia and smp6. Also willing to help the cause. Just shoot me a PM
    NDubb424, AyanamiKun and mjnoe70 like this.
  12. Don't forget just a few days left in September, find that person who has done something special for EMC or you and nominate them today!
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  13. lol, i told shell about this event this week and then he tells me that he already won it once, lol!

yussss!!

do u have a drop spot @ smp4? if not id like to offer u room on my res.

id also like 2 donate, so imma find ur drop spot and put some stuff in there ^.^
    NDubb424 likes this.
  14. Just wanted to get on to post that nominations are closed for September! When I get on tomorrow I will reply to all the other post.

Thank you!

As always, winners will be announced in 1 week!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Ok friends.. it's time for the announcement, but before we announce the winners for the month of September I want to take a moment to talk about why I haven't reached out and accepted the offers for help I have received this past month.

I noticed that nominations slowed dramatically recently and I wanted to see how this month played out before I accepted any more help, and wasted anyone's time. I have always said that this is a community event, that will be run as long as the community is interested, and it seems this event has run it's course. Thank you everyone for everything you have done, and all the support you have given this, but this will be the last Month of Medal of Kindness winners. You all are awesome. Thank you.

So.... The final winners of the Medal of Kindness award are!!!!

The Gold Medal of Kindness Winner for the Month of September 2017 is....

Merek_Shadower!!!

Well, buddy. You have been nominated several times, but I honestly didn't want to show favoritism, and knowing you the way I do I knew you would understand. But month you were one of two nominations, and judging by your previous noms, this goes to you. You were nominated for hosting an awesome drop party and giving back to the community! Thank you Merek!

The Silver Medal of Kindness Winner for the Month of August 2017 is....

TuckerAmbr!!!

TuckerAmbr, you were nominated for being a role model and a perfect example of how a player should act, and how hard a player should work in minecraft. You never brag, you never gloat, and you take the time to share what you have earned with so many people. Thank you Tucker!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. YESS!! Go Merek! Me Ndubb, and mjoe congratulate you!
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  17. NDubb424, it was a great idea and great attempt to make a fully community driven event. I'm sad that in such a short time it is ending but there are lots of logistical issues with community driven events that make it tougher to have the influx of nominations each month. I've very happy to have been a minor part of this little event and enjoy that I go to meet and work with you a bit.

A note to staff, if any happen to view this, community events will always struggle to be successful on EMC. New players don't frequent the forums so they miss out on some of the community stuff. Lack of having the calendard do things in game like global announcements on all smps/all players and not having "staff" recognition does lead to this type of end. Leads me to an EMC suggestion...

...and my congrats to both of this months winners, I think both are very deserving!