[GIVEAWAY] My birthday!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Dufne, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Happy birthday! If I had a balloon thrown at me by you, I would scream hysterically
    Dufne likes this.
  2. Bump! You can take your best guess if you're not sure
  3. Happy Emc birthday! :D :)

What would (or wouldn't) you do if I threw a balloon at you? Answer: I would throw one back at you! :D :)
    Dufne likes this.
  4. I would potate.
    I would throw eggs & potatos at you
    I wouldn't turn into an egg.
    Dufne likes this.
  5. Theory #1
    I would do nothing, since the balloon (assuming it's helium) will have floated to the ceiling before it ever reached me. Now, if you *hit* me with a balloon, that's another story. But by throwing one, you're implying there's space in between me and you, so the balloon would float upwards and I would do nothing.

-

Theory #2
    If the balloon is to actually hit me and not float upwards, what I would do is react according to the law of inertia and return the same force back to the balloon as the force it hit me with.
  6. I wouldn't turn around cause then it would hit my 4Head because I'm backwards
    SirGem and Dufne like this.
  7. You are very backwards, my dear Faith :p
    SirGem likes this.
  8. Theory #3
    Throw it back?

Theory #4
    Ask what you're doing in my house?

Theory #5
    Say happy birthday/ask who's birthday it is? (happy birthday!)

Theory #6
    Duck
    PeculiarPotato likes this.
  9. Try to keep it under two to three guesses :)
    607 likes this.
  10. Guess 2: what would i do if you threw a baloon at me? I will see it coming at me
    Dufne likes this.
  11. So can I guess again :p
    Dufne likes this.
  12. Happy Birthday :)

I would catch the balloon then rub it on your hair to make it all static-y :D
    ThaKloned and Dufne like this.
  13. I would take the balloon, empty the air, put it up for auction, not end up selling it, fill it with water, and throw it at Wolf...Happy Birthday Dufne!!!:p
    SealInAction and Dufne like this.
  14. Happy birthday, Dufne! Congrats on many wonderful years of life, and here's to many more. :D Thank you so much for hosting this! Here's my first (and maybe only) description of what I would do if you threw a balloon at me.
    _->O<-_

Ah, what would I do, should Dufne throw a balloon at me?

You see, I am a friendless creature. When I walk, I walk alone; my thoughts are all I have to occupy me.

And yet, here, from the darkness, as though a gift from the wind itself, comes a balloon. A lone face, nay, a lone light in the darkness of my isolation.

I do not care what a friend is filled with, be it blood or bones or water or air; physical composition is not what makes the human. A human is defined by its own spirit and being, its own personality or soul; and others may shape it in their own eyes as they see fit. Should I wish to see my brother as an enemy, I may do so and indeed fall by my own folly at his hands, but should I wish to see him as a friend, he will be my greatest ally.

Now, in my loneliness, I would indeed look at this balloon and choose to see it not as a simple vehicle of light and air; no, it flies with spirit and joy, sailing forward in a boundless arc of positivity, serene and buoyant in my rapidly sinking world. I choose to see it not as a balloon, but as a friend.

However, despite my forwardness of thinking and my philosophy to this effect, I understand that society, whatever my own thoughts, follows its own rules. To society, my dear new friend the balloon, so fortuitously thrown at me, is just a balloon in its current state. I will appear to be but a child at the zoo, crying out for mama below a balloon bought hurriedly for 25 cents at a nearby stand. Thus, I must show the world that this balloon, this friend, is truly as human as anyone, for I decree it so.

I would dress him in distinguished hat, tie, spectacles, and glued on mustache; perhaps a suit jacket if it's brisk in season. I would name him, for without names we are nothing; perhaps Stewart, or Alfredo. Perhaps Wilson, after that esteemed volleyball that so too rose to the ranks of humankind; this balloon shall be to me as Wilson was to Tom Hanks, a friend and companion as human as any.

I of course do not stop there. I shall feed my balloon each morning, gingerly bumping spoonfuls of air into its ever-closed mouth, shall take it on walks, leading it by the string as a man does a dog (for, after all, what is a dog but man's best friend? Humans are not the only companions available; perhaps I should dress him in a collar rather than clothes and find him to be a much more effusively loving friend to me), shall go so far as to buy him a little bed and Christmas gifts around the holidays.

Yes, I would treat this balloon as though he were my very best human friend; and so he would be. Through my efforts, I would give him life and legacy, and he would give me something even better: love.

I will wait for you always, my dear balloon. When you come, when the great hand of the Being called Dufne hurls you as though by fate itself into my arms, I will be ready, and my arms spread for you.

See you then, my friend.
  15. Happy birthday :) I guess I'd just watch it float up into the clouds, assuming it's filled with helium. What's in this balloon? lol
    LtCaptainMe and Dufne like this.
  16. :)
    poofasaurus, LtCaptainMe and Dufne like this.
  17. second guess :p
    i would empty it, eat it, poop it

Third guess as last one ;)
    i would leave the air out of it,
    catch dufne in it
    then i'll put helium in it or any other gas that floats in air :p
    and that will be the last time we saw dufne (in this world)

happy birthday again :p
    Dufne likes this.
  18. Bump! I'm really loving to read some of these :)
  19. You know, that response took actual effort. It's summer... I'm not supposed to be using effort.

Counterbalance guess to return me to my normal summer state: I would take that stoopid balloon, pop it with my big ol' hands or a big ol' shiny needle–OO SHINY! HOLY CRAP SO PRETTEEEE!!!! Wait, where was I? Oh!–pick up all the stinky dumb pieces, wad them up into a real tight little ball, and throw it right in your stoooooooopid face! Hah!

That'll teach you to throw a balloon at me!
  20. Such grace, Hashybutt. :p
    Hashhog likes this.