[Giveaway] mjnoe70 100th day on EMC

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by mjnoe70, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To mark the 100th day I have been on EMC I wanted to do a giveaway. So I hope that my selected items are enough to attract enough people to get a winner.

First, how do you win? Easy, kinda, I'm looking for you guys to guess my middle name. To make it a bit harder, I will give the prize to the 5th person that gets it correct. The catch if I will not state when someone gets it right.

I will allow multiple posts by the same people but you must allow 2 other posts between yours.

10,000r to make this a much more special giveaway... TY Eviltoade!

What is the prize, 100 items:
    1 100th day winners note
    1 100th day display frame
    1 100th day orchid (thanks to EvilToade)
    1 100th day flower pot to display your new flower (hand made, not purchase, comon)
    1 white horse (126.78s,70.10j,23.01h)
    1 horse armor
    1 saddle (*been dried out after catching it i my fishing hole)
    1 flint and steel to light your way home or a nether portal
    1 compass so you don't get lost
    10 iron blocks
    10 lapis lazuli
    10 diamonds
    10 emerald blocks
    10 gold bars
    10 blocks of coal
    10 redstone blocks
    10 bone blocks
    10 obsidian
    ...and 1 100th day silver shulker box to carry the stuff around in.

So my first name is Mike (given Michael) and if you pay enough attention to my "MC Name" you will have a great start... Good luck and may the force be with you all!

Remember the 5th time I see my middle name listed will pick the winner. I'll try to watch the posts but if I miss it I'll still get the correct person.
    607, haastregt, Kippy159 and 2 others like this.
  2. Grats on 100 days!! :D Your middle name is Joseph??!

*Donating 10k to the prize pool
    ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  3. Tom :)
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  4. Ya!! Congrats on 100 days MJnoe70!!! :D

Is your middle name jone???? :)
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  5. Its JOE!?
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  6. Congrats on 100 days mjnoe70. :)
    Is your middle name James?
    ShelLuser, mjnoe70 and AncientTower like this.
  7. Congrats on 100 days.

Your middle name must be James.

Edit: was ninja'd but I still stick with James.
    ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  8. John is my guess
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  9. Hmm let's go at this again..

Is it Jay?
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  10. Is it Joe
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  11. Stop advertising for this in-game every minute. Against the rules.
  12. Sorry Will I didn't think I did it that often, I guess I don't know the in game times for being allowed to post for something. Though I think "every minute" is off a bit and I have done it 3 times now on each of the servers so far.
    607 likes this.
  13. Harambe
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  14. ( three ) times ( now ) on ( each ) server? Please, read the rules :)

Thank you,
    -Will.
  15. Point made Will I did not intend to spam anyone... Though I did review the rules and I think I'm ok on my posts, it is per player per server... "1 hour between any in-game event adverts - Adverts should contain no more than one line of text to get your point across. Use a link to a forum thread if you need to share more info. "
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/chat-rules/
    I'll double check with a moderator though...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. So here's the thing: your event is not in-game but it's on the forums. Therefor the regular rule of 3 hours between advertisements seems to apply here. However... I just also re-read all that (as you can probably tell) and I can definitely see the confusion here. To be honest; I'm also not so sure anymore ;)

You can easily pick up that rule in 2 ways... Either this is about advertisements for an event held in-game, or this is about in-game advertisements which cover an event of any kind.

My assumption is that the one hour rule is about in-game events. Also because most forum events usually tend to last for a few days so there's no big need to advertise them. But that's just my 2 cents on this.

Hope you can get this sorted out. But even so... still food for thought: you want to attract players to your event, not annoy them (which may make them ignore your event alltogether). So whatever the rule, you may want to ease it down a little bit either way (once again: just my 2 cents).

And good luck with the event!
    607 likes this.
  17. Town chat is fine for advertising this event, just keep in mind a couple things. First, town chat has a one hour minimum between advertisements. Second, and to a point ShelLuser just made - while the advertising does let you do it every hour (even on the hour), bear in mind the general activity of the smp when it's made. If it's slow then there's a good chance player will still be able to scroll up to the ad (or worse - the ads being the last two messages made in town chat). If the server is busy knock yourself out, but if it appears to be slow consider giving it more time before posting again.
    607, ShelLuser and Will_McNab like this.
  18. So, it is allowed to ad every one hour if we use Town chat. I will do that from now on since it is allowed.
  19. Can you advertise events in town chat once every hour? Sure. But I would suggest using a bit of tacit. As stated previously, if it comes off as spammy it will aggravate people and cause them not to participate at the minimum or they'll get staff involved on a possible rule violation at the worst. Like I stated in my post, take some time at each smp to consider what kind of town chat activity is going on. If there's a lot of it, knock yourself out if it's been an hour since your last post. If there isn't, consider skipping that smp and making your post on the next trip. Giving slower servers more time between the posts shows respect toward the players on that server and helps ensure the advertisement won't be confused for an illegal one.

Trust me when I say that there is nothing worse than advertising an event in town chat, then coming back an hour later to advertise only to get players yelling at you and saying they reported you because the last two posts in town chat were your legal advertisements.

For the sake of clarity: Market-related advertisements are still relegated to economy chat and unsolicited advertisements are still restricted to once every three hours per server. Using town chat to bypass this will likely result in staff action being taken.
    607, mjnoe70, ShelLuser and 1 other person like this.
  20. This is a giveaway. Not an in-game event. And it was advertised more than once in an hour. I believe Staff can detect that.

Anyways, have a nice day all :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.