Full Server

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Justin, i think you should look at the supporter upgrade the way Runescape does, making it accesable with Prepaid cards like Wallie cards/Paysafecard etc, the services for those arent demanding alot, and are easy useable by people who's familys hate or dont allow PayPal =p
  2. Actually, not sure if you saw the update or not, but we now have a contract with Paypal that allows us to accept payments VIA Paypal, but you don't need to have an account...you just use the card as you would anywhere else. :)
  3. i would just like to mention it's just as easy to get a prepaid credit card as it is one of those and they are useually on the same shelf even
  4. Its not a Creditcard, but a bankcard, of the Rabobank, but ill have a try with it, n see what it gives me =p
  5. I think that's equivalent to a debit card, which works the same a credit card for online transactions.
  6. Its a maestro card, and it isnt named in the options that PayPal gives me in the drop down menu =/
  7. A Maestro card is a type of debit card owned by MasterCard. So you should just be able to select MasterCard as the option.
  8. Thx, ill try that again
  9. Paypal asks the 3-digit security number on the back of my card, but there isnt any...
    Ive tried the last 3 digits of my bank account number, but that also doesnt work.

What now xD?
  10. Try just leaving it blank first. Then try it with just the digit 0 (zero, it looks like an o in this font :_P) or a * symbol.
  11. Sometimes that 3 digit ID is engraved on the back as well and not very visible. Not sure if that's the case here or not, though.
  12. It's apparently common for Maestro cards to not have a security number on the back. Some have "issue numbers" on the front, but I'm not sure if that's the same.
  13. Ive tried it again, the 0 and the * dont work, and it also says my card number isnt right, I dont think PayPal will accept my card =/
  14. It is a bank account for teenagers, its a bank account with a eurocard, the Maestro is another version of Mastercard, but it seems if its only American applied
  15. Have you ever considered switching server hosts to someone who can handle this amount of traffic?
    Or do you suppose that's too risky on your part...
  16. It might be a good (and relieving) idea, if you have somebody who you can trust that is willing.
  17. From what I understand, we're with the best possible option in terms of server hosts right now. It was referred to Justin by someone who knows what they're talking about in this regard and has been working out great.
  18. Good, good. As long as it's working as efficiently as it can, I can't complain.
  19. Yeah, any real issues we have at this point is due to the design of the game itself. One thing I know Justin works hard on is rewriting parts of the existing game to do the best we can in terms of making it more bearable. In visiting other servers, even the most popular ones, we are FAR in the lead in terms of how the game feels for amount of players that are on it.

There are some of the more known ones that have 100-200 players on at a time and A: they're impossible to follow in terms of the chat and B: It's near impossible to dig/build properly or even close to properly.
  20. Hopefully the guys at Mojang will work with Multiplayer a little more in terms of their design. If they can make it better, then maybe a few of our problems will solve themselves.
    GameKribJEREMY likes this.