Friday Night Mining [2015]

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by MrSocks75, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Lost my pickaxe there because some nub killed me while I was afk :mad:
  2. I missed it!! its saturday at 6:26 ATM... well, i didnt wanna come... sock probably beat all you guys up.. JK!! i DID wanna come XD
  3. plus, socks scares me... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  4. That Fnm Was Great....Except I Was Laging like Crazy....And Then i Fell in Lava Underneath Somone's House :p.....
  5. YaniiMarie likes this.
  6. determined to remember to stay up for this tonight! holler!
  7. What time is the event if a friend of mine lives in Austin and wants to join me?
  8. The staff need to pay more attention, at the last FNM, someone went on a killing spree....
  9. screencap and post it here or in a complaint thing next time *nods* and not sure trev, it's usually around 1am GMT/7pm central time... there's bound to be a convertor online somewhere!
  10. Best thing to do if you run across something like this is to file a report in game using /report. Posting images in threads as reports will likely result in the issue going unaddressed for a period of time since those involved in this event are not actively checking forums (at least I'm not).

Filing a report on server will result in it coming to the attention of staff on server and we can deal with the situation more effectively, especially if the situation is active. Always file a report in game if it involves an on-server incident. If no staff are online but there are some running around on the forums, feel free to drop a PM to them. We will get to it as soon as we can.
  11. Breezy was the one who did the last FNM if I remember correctly, and he was keeping up with a lot of mishaps that were going on. Same with Anon. Staff does their best. When there's a full server of people mining and only like 3 staff on, you can't really see everything all at once. If you say something about it, they always look into it. But staff play the game just as much as we do.

---

Also, I'm excited for tonight. I've yet to do an event with you Elfin. :D
    welshficwitch likes this.
  12. They're an hour behind us (I say us because I have the same time as EMC). So it would be 7pm for your friend in TX.
  13. I hope to join in on the FUN!
    ElmofiedBoby likes this.
  14. elfin's awesome at it!

and i have already loaded my vault with building stuff! today, my goal is making the mine a community! i'm talking paths, wheat, carpet, doors...erm... baked potatoes!
    YaniiMarie and ElmofiedBoby like this.
  15. Sounds cool! If I manage to come to FNM, count me in!
    welshficwitch likes this.
  16. Pretty great view of the turnout :)
  17. A_little_fun refused to come to FNM tonight. I don't really understand why, but we were not able to attend and I was not able to record anything:(. I hope that this won't happen in the future, I have always enjoyed FNM events. Maybe she was worn out from the death event earlier this week. It was pretty intense.
  18. I have just a brief story I want to share:

So I have been playing minecraft for one year, in just about a week. I have played on a server I rent monthly for "25" people - but it can hardly hold that i'm sure. It is just for my best friend, my girlfriend, and a few nephews and nieces that like to play with their uncle's from time to time, from both my friends family and my family.

Anyhow, I never really thought to seek out a community of like minded players that played minecraft the way I did - simply because I really thought I got "in late" to the minecraft thing, and just play regular o'le vanilla (with a resource pack), and make the most fun out of adventuring, surviving, and then bedding down somewhere in the wild - and making a home. My friend, girlfriend, and myself all have tasks and what not on our server to build, gather, grow, harvest, kill, and whatever else that may need to be done to make a collective living that much more fun.

I am by no means a "new" player - I am well experienced at gaming, have been in "guild" and "clans" before, and enjoy a large amount of players around me, even if all i want to do is "singleplayer" type of gaming.

Getting to the point of why i am posting in this thread.... tonight's event was so much fun for me. It felt like "old times" - somehow, in getting the server wide announcements an hour before the events start time. I had never transferred servers or used the vault, I hadn't been in the wastelands before, nor did I know about a friends list... or other features I am growing to understand.

I quickly made haste to log into /smp2 - and see what the BUZZ was all about:
    It was a joy to see more than two players!! Really the best part was the boat ride to the event location. Although we all got a little scattered on the ride, and I saw many people crash into each other, or an unsuspecting octopus, we all had the co-ordinance and i followed suit:

Once we got to the event location, I really didn't know what to expect... Other than a ton of us mining in the same area.... AND, that's exactly what happened. The tree's around the place we landed were felled quickly, and soon enough day turned to night. I really felt more than safe with so many people around, but I noticed most everyone making a "lean to" or "digging in" for the night.

That was much to my pleasure, I holed up and watched the huts get constructed all around me:

It was such a fun time for me. I stayed around for about 4 hours, made a cool little "watchtower", and dug out a huge community mine, welcoming all.

- Thanks for the GOOD TIMES tonight, I cant wait for more!
  19. promise this time i won't be adding gardens and such, thought it was a good idea, i know i annoyed a few people! this time i'll focus on food production!

might actually do some mining too! *grin*
    RidgeBeam likes this.