[Forum Game] New Nations

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, May 29, 2014.

1. I just can't help but laugh at how much your signature matches this post.
  2. I never made the map, just recoloured it :rolleyes: And nah, I can't be bothered :p Play. Naow.

Anyway...

Caspernas has begun researching how to make compact computer components to make computers small and available to the public for general home and work use, unlike the United Kingdom's invention, Colossus. (7 posts because i'm feeling lazy :p)
  3. Name: Olympian Union
    Countries its made up of: Russia, Brazil, Argentina
    Government Policies: Promotion of a strong national identity, based on strengthening democracy and spreading it throughout the world by any means necessary.
    An extensive welfare state, including free education at all levels, completely free healthcare, and a basic income system.
    A taxation system which heavily targets large corporations and the 1% richest people, with few taxes on working people, and virtually none on the poorest.
    A focus on the STEM sectors of the economy, which make up 95% of GDP.
    Fossil fuels are banned, all energy is renewable.

You are invited to join the Union, I ask that you pick Kazakhstan, Algeria and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. :)

Olympia also invites Caspernas, Bethesda, Porphira, Guatama, Friesland, and Australasia to join the Union. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Do you mean if I'm invited to the Union for me to claim Kazakhstan, Algeria and the Democratic Republic of the Congo?
  5. Yes. :)
  6. Australasia appreciates the offer, but will not accept it. We may, however, be interested in trade agreements.

We are also looking to take inspiration from your political system for political reforms.
  7. So, I have a question about this game, is it like kingdoms in the wilderness? Or is it just a game that we talk on here?
  8. It is a forum game. So it just takes place in this thread through discussion.
  9. I suggest we take this game and put it into the Wilderness. :) It'd be a cool thing for wars, etc.
  10. You can start your own outpost if you wish. But this is just a forum game. There would be issues with war and stuff.
  11. What issues?
  12. Friesland declines the offer, but is interessted to make a trading agreement.

Friesland also starts researching better engine for their boats named: Winsum Mk. 2 (8 posts)

Friesland also starts to to 2 more trading ports and 1 miletry port, the trading ports have the priority (14 posts, after the 14 posts it will take another 8 to build the miletry port)

Friesland starts to scan certain area's of Friesland to see if there is any valuble ores (20 posts, High change of failure)

(also I ques that i can play allong, If not please respond)
  13. The Union would also accept a free trade agreement. :)

We permit the use of our political system by others, and would be willing to form alliances with nations which do such a thing.

The Union introduces a reform to government, involving the following:
    • a federal system, whereby the 3 countries are split into 135 federal subjects or 'states' (this will increase as more nations join the union)
    • the introduction of a bicameral legislature, made up of a Parliamentary House, elected from constituencies, and a Senate, made up of elected Governors from each state in the Union's three countries
    • the introduction of a Federal Council, a team of 8 people decided by the Senate and approved by the PH who collectively act as heads of government, under the leadership of 72Volt (and Jake or anyone else who decides to join)
    The Union also announces the beginning of a nuclear weapons program, which it will unreservedly and unapologetically use against those who stand against democracy.
  14. Australasia also begins development of a nuclear weapons program. Uranium is now being mined by a state run enterprise. Development is also being done on advanced engines and weaponry for use on warships (8 posts). Development of basic jet powered aircraft has also begun (12 posts).

Australasia is also now tightening regulation on media and tourism.
  15. Gautama commits research into terraced hydroponic farms hoping to relieve the strain of overworked land for its booming populace. (5 posts)
    We also enact child laws limiting the number of untaxed children citizens can bear. With this reform once properly enforced child safety standards will improve in sweatshops. (8 posts)
  16. Bethesda begins research into upgrading computer calculating speeds. (5 posts)
  17. ((you guys realize according to the op its still the 40's right? uranium in weapons was not discovered for another 20 years, silicon was not used in the first transistor until like 1954. i dont know how accurate the game master wants to be but according to the timeline nukes are still being made with crappy plutonium, uranium has not been mapped as a fully radioactive isotope and the technology to enrich it has yet to be discovered.))
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. ((i was unaware of the exact timeline of the silicon transistor. Let me edit the post a bit :)))
  19. Olympia completes its nuclear weapons program, producing one nuclear bomb! It will continue to build bombs at a rate of one every 3 turns.

Olympia begins work on a vessel to carry the nuclear weapons, namely an aircraft to drop the bombs.

Olympia also invites all other members to the Olympian Trade Convention, currently composed of the Olympian Union, Friesland, and Australasia.
  20. I'm thinking every 3 pages = a year. Good for you guys? :3
    Caspernas declines the offer to join the Olympian Union, but instead founds a 'Union' of its own - the European Commonwealth. All European countries under the effect of the Commonwealth share a unified military, have trade routes between eachother, and all other effects of the real-life European Union, although it currently does not seek to have just one currency and have a United States of Europe, like its RL counterpart. It also sends the Olympian Union an invite for trade routes to enrich its economy and trade with countries outside of Europe.