[FORUM GAME] Collaborative Story (Round 1)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by nltimv, Oct 27, 2016.

1. SkeleTin007 has wrote his part, now it's up to Shadow_Dcord :)

Bump :)
    607 likes this.
  2. Shadow_Dcord hasn't been able to write his part, so he requested to be put further down the list.

Now it's Jelle68's turn :)

-----------
    And you can still join to write the final part of the story!
    607 likes this.
  3. Both Jelle68 and EnderMagic1 (forgot to bump in between) have written their part, and I can guarantee you, this is going to be one interesting story :D

Now it's MeadMaker's turn.
    607 likes this.
  4. lol who came up with a banana..
    607 and nltimv like this.
  5. It was one of the required words for SkeleTin007, so it was me :)
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  6. Ok, my part is written, assuming there are no issues or questions on nltimv's part. I gotta tell you , I thought it was going to be more challenging to meet the word count. If everyone agrees, perhaps in Round 2 we should bump it up a bit.
    nltimv likes this.
  7. By the way, have you folks heard of NaNoWriMo? It's the National Novel Writing Month based here in the U.S., which just happens to be this month. The objective is to write a Novel, with a minimum word count, during the month. I haven't officially taken part, due to other things interfering, but it's a fun event. There's also a CampWriMo event held earlier in the year, where you get placed in a "cabin" with other writers and can share your writing experience in a unique way.
    ShelLuser, 607 and nltimv like this.
  8. Pfff... this is tough!
    I really like what I got from you, MeadMaker, but I got to say, it's hard to continue on it in an appropriate way! :p
    nltimv likes this.
  9. I have a feeling this isn't going to make sense, but if I'd want to make sure I don't contradict earlier parts of the story, I wouldn't really be able to make the story progress. :p
    nltimv likes this.
  10. I'm done!
    I hope I did well enough, I found this quite challenging, but quite fun also!
    I'm really looking forward to reading the whole thing: I really don't think there will be a working story. Also, it might feature quite some different writing styles, even though some core things will stay the same because of the next person being able to see the last part of the previous part.

It will surely be interesting! :)
    ShelLuser and nltimv like this.
  11. My intent wasn't to make a serious story that perfectly makes sense. The story is something based on assumptions made by the writers, which may contradict the story, but should be really funny :D

Also, I'll send a PM to Shadow_Dcord again. Hopfully he's now able to write something :)
    607 likes this.
  12. If DCord is the last one but still can't do it then I can help out as well for this occasion. I was under the impression that it was a continuing effort, not something you only do once ;) That is: assuming you don't have other backups already of course, if you do then they go first (wouldn't be fair otherwise).

Can't wait to see what this is turning into :)
  13. Oh I'm last? I didn't seem to know that when I wrote it 5mins ago. I guess Shell can go then.
    nltimv likes this.
  14. No way, you're first. Esp. if you already wrote it... I was only offering help for when things went wrong. But they're not :)
    nltimv likes this.
  15. No, JDHallows is still after you :)
    You can still join as eighth participant if you wish. If you can't make the deadline we'll be sure to figure something out :) I'll put you on the backup list for now.

I'm afraid that I'm not getting what you mean here.
    607 likes this.
  16. I thought the story was continuing for a while by players taking turns and then writing a part of it. So if you wrote a part then it would be possible that a few days / weeks later you'd be up again.

And backup works fine for me right now :)
  17. No, no, that's not it.
    Shadow_Dcord was 2nd on the list, but he didn't receive an alert for my message. He requested to be put back, so I did.

I might consider that continuous thing for a (possible) second round though :)

-----

Sending PM to JDHallows now
    607 likes this.
  18. Yeah, that was my first assumption, too!

It might be interesting to try it out that way some time!
    nltimv likes this.
  19. So, I completely forgot I signed up for this, until I received the pm earlier today. Needless to say, my ending to this story is going to be... interesting. Especially with the story lines from the previous part and the words I have been given, this should be a very strange story.
    nltimv and 607 like this.
  20. The story starts with a banana. It's already strange.;)
    SkeleTin007, 607 and nltimv like this.