[FORUM GAME] Collaborative Story (Round 1)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by nltimv, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Hi EMC :)

About six years ago, we were in Dutch class and we got an interesting exercise. Afterwards, I somehow never forgot that exercise and I want to bring it to EMC as a forum game :)

So, what we're going to do is write a story with eight people, but with a few rules:
    • The first eight people to say they'll join will be participating
    • Any people joining after that will be put on the backup list, in case one of the eight people quits or doesn't reply.
    • The participants will be assigned into a random order.
    • The first person will begin the story, and the eighth will bring it to an end.
    • Each participant will be PM'ed when it's their turn.
    • The participant will then continue the story in the PM and reply within 48 hours, with at least 200 words but no more than 400.
    And here comes the interesting part ;)
    • Each participant (except for the first) will only get the last few words of the story part the previous participant wrote
    • Each participant also gets one or more other words from me. The participant must use these words in their story.
    When all eight participants wrote their part, I will put the story together and post it here.
    I'm looking forward to see what kind of interesting story comes out :D
    If this is a success, I will do this again with maybe more people and a longer story :)

To join, simply say that you would like to join. The first eight people will be selected, everyone after that will be on the backup list.

When you join, make sure I have permissions to PM you. Otherwise, you'll be excluded from the story and someone from the backup list will take your place!

If you have any questions / suggestions just reply to this thread.
  2. Participants:
    1. SkeleTin007
    2. Jelle68
    3. EnderMagic1
    4. MeadMaker
    5. 607
    6. Shadow_Dcord
    7. JDHallows
    8. <Empty>
    Backup list:
    • ShelLuser
  3. Story:

607 likes this.
  4. I really need to improve my stories lol. Sign me up :)
    nltimv likes this.
  5. I would love to try this out even though I am not good with stories but I'm in
    nltimv likes this.
  6. I would enjoy doing this as well, include me in it! :D
    nltimv likes this.
  7. Wow, that sounds cool, I want to participate!
    Hm, 100-125, that definitely isn't a very big margin... but I don't mind that challenge, creativity often works better when dealing with restrictions! :D
    nltimv likes this.
  8. Bump :)

4 places left
  9. Actually I don't want to go first... (For the story) make skele go first ;)
  10. Hehe I plan on making a good story that starts off :p
  11. The list was gonna be randomized anyway, but...
    ...if you really want to go first, I'll lock you in first :)

Also, Bump :)
  12. Bump :)

We still need more people
  13. Bump :)
    607 likes this.
  14. Bump :)

Any more people want to do this?
    607 likes this.
  15. Get Kephras or Shadow ;)
    607 and nltimv like this.
  16. Thanks for the tip :)

EDIT: Who do you mean by Shadow?

Bump :)
    607 likes this.
  17. I'd like to participate, you know you might have to correct my grammar and spelling, but I actually have had quite a few lessions in how to write poëtrie because my Dutch teacher really liked the way I wrote :) to contignue my story :p I have alredey wrote some stories (all in Dutch, of corse) wich all were quite fillosophic (one about someone who wasn't able to die, even if he wanted to, what would you do, what would you fear?) my writing style in Dutch is a bit like the big "Marten Toonder" but, I don't know what I will do if I write in Englich, I'm exited :)
    nltimv, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.