Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Went to Castle Combe to look at the College's Formula Ford, ended up doing a little bit of bodywork bolting, taping of bolts and cleaning myself! :p

Got some pictures from the day too. This Formula Ford here looked in a sorry state after a crash in qualifying, and although it looked rather destroyed, it was fixed and up and running for the final race. It got a DNF which is a shame but after a few more hours work it was out for the one off a year carnival race and got a decent time and finished, this really just shows what you can really do as a team if you pull together to help out with the car :)
    Qkazoochan, 607 and Kyzoy like this.
  2. Does the QR code actually work with that pole going through it?

EDIT:
    607 likes this.
  3. Can you quote the specific post/picture please? Not sure what you're on about :p
    Kyzoy likes this.
  4. Ohh I see, I'm not sure I'm afraid, I assume it would work if it is there but I haven't tried it xD
  5. What's a DNF?
  6. DNF = Did Not Finish
    607 likes this.
  7. Talked to a BMW racer and they talked about how close-knit their community is and how helpful all of the other drivers are :) Unfortunately one of them got into a bit of an incident with another - I hope that they and the other racer can fix up and carry on racing soon!
    Qkazoochan and 607 like this.
  8. Am I misunderstanding this, or did one of them purposefully damage the car of the other?
  9. It was not purposeful, this was an accidental incident where in the midst of the race, the orange car had nowhere to go when another car span around on a corner as there were cars either side of it so it ended up hitting it on the side
    607 likes this.
  10. Ah, okay. I'm happy I was misunderstanding it, then.
  11. From what I have heard, the BMW drivers are very friendly towards each other and help each other out before and after races and for getting parts, so even though the races are competitive, they are all a helpful bunch :)
    607 likes this.
  12. One of the pictures of the Formula Ford we used at the Grand Finals at Castle Combe last Saturday :)
  13. I have a few more of the Formula Ford - this one from race number one (grand finals)!
    Qkazoochan, 607 and AnonReturns like this.
  14. Similar to the last one and in the same race - another Formula Ford picture!

This one also from the same race, chasing another Ford up Avon Rise!
    Qkazoochan, AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  15. Nice, a picture with two cars in action, you don't have those often! If you have any more, I'd like to see them, even if the quality might not be as good because it's harder to take them at a good moment.
    Also, those cars look interesting with the wheels so far from the body.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. I'll see if I have any more of them, but I try to take some pictures with more than one sometimes anyway so I'll always be on the lookout :) It's usually better to get one as I try to picture cars that I like but we'll see, thanks! :D
    607 likes this.
  17. Another one of the unfortunate cars that day was a Ford Fiesta from Combe Saloons - had a wonky ending at Camp corner and hit front end into the barrier when entering the straight
    Qkazoochan and 607 like this.
  18. Got this one from Grand Finals too in the Combe Saloons race! Nissan Silvia S14 being chased by a VW Golf :)
    Qkazoochan, HannahEB and AnonReturns like this.
  19. Audi day coming up fast, expect some pictures on Saturday... Hopefully we see some crazy ones for Hashhog, or perhaps we will find some Ur quattros! I hope so :p
    607 likes this.
  20. Oh, I love that one! Thanks!
    FDNY21 likes this.