[FEEDBACK] New Supporter Page is LIVE!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Im ok just doing the 1 month but it would save me a little bit of trouble ;) thanks for the info too.
  2. new page looks cool and the prices look fair & solid to me. but it almost looks as if u dont like free players, those sad faces look depressing ^.^
  3. I kind of agree with this, after seeing those sad faces on the supporter page again, it almost looks like you're making it a sad thing to be a free member :p We want people to buy supporter, yes, but we don't want to make them feel guilty for not spending :)
    607, AyanamiKun and ThaKloned like this.
  4. Way to wordy.
  5. I think she got it the first 2 times :p
    PenguinDJ, georgeashington and FDNY21 like this.
  6. I didn't read that :p
  7. I really like this the most. ;)
  8. the prices are still the same right and how do i upgrade from gold to diamond if i wanted
  9. Cancel your gold subscription at http://support.emc.gs. Once it expires (and you become a Regular member), purchase Diamond from the same page. That's the easiest way to do it.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. k thanks
  11. This is slightly off topic, but is EMC still in the process of changing the way supporter works to follow the EULA? Last I knew supportership was changing, though my info may be out of date?

Not trying to go off topic, I was just curious :p.
  12. Well, a lot happened but the EULA never really changed. Last update is still from 11 December 2013.

The main issue was that Mojang began enforcing it a little heavier and started to explain how they thought the EULA should be interpreted. Thing is; their interpretation contradicted with some parts of the EULA itself. Not to start a whole discussion here but from a legal perspective I think it's safe to say that the EULA is shakey at best. When it comes to legal terms then it doesn't matter how you intended a certain piece of writing, the only thing which matters is what that piece of writing is saying. So the literal meaning should be picked up without too much context. And when a document starts to contradict itself...

A simple example:

If the law doesn't forbid you to use something in a commercial fashion then one may conclude that the law allows it. And this section clearly says that if the law expressly allows it then that's ok too. Ergo: commercial usage is no problem.

I know Mojang tried to raise a smokescreen with issues such as in-game enhancements and that such items were only allowed if they could both be purchased in-game as well as external, etc, etc.

All nice and well: but in the end we have only the EULA to deal with as far as legal matters go. And it's pretty clear about commercial usage as you can see up there. And because it doesn't mention anything about perks, items or let alone things that should be available in game you can pretty much ignore all that. This is the Minecraft EULA and this applies to using and playing Minecraft.

So my conclusion would be simple: EMC is already pretty compliant with the EULA, provided that the US law doesn't contain something which disallows the usage of a software product for commercial usage.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  13. Hi, Nooby here LOL
    #1 I went to the stoes but did not know how to buy anything (Stores Area needs buying instructions).
    #2 I had no idea how to find if someone was selling a Pickaxe with Silk Touch, but I did find a Silk Touch spell Book but did not buy it. (Maybe store area needs an item directory search mechanism)
    #3 Did not know where to find Ice blocks for sale (maybe someone would like to donate them to me :) )
  14. This post is off topic. For player shop info, please ask around in game or create a different thread.
  15. I thought this was a newbie feedback topic So..... it is feedback about what I found.
  16. This thread is about feedback for the new Supporter page design.
    AyanamiKun and 607 like this.
  17. While I understand why this would have been considered to be added to the page(if it was there before I didn't see it) Why not just get rid of it completely? I don't see it serving any purpose? I suppose before it was represented in the diagram. The supporter page and explanation doesn't really need to explain what you get if you don't support though does it? To me it just seems unnecessary. I thought it was kind of funny the sad faces, I don't see the point though. If it really is a problem?
  18. Oh, come on, the sad faces instead of the stars... xD
    AyanamiKun and PenguinDJ like this.
  19. I'd much prefer the chart instead of a wall of text..
  20. The new info is good, but another vote for re-including the comparison table at the end or within an expandable section or something.

Edit: Perhaps just replace the small "free" section at the bottom with the table, which would include the default number of residences, rupee bonuses, tag/location/group limits, which aren't spelled out currently.

Nobody likes to feel like they're being pushed to buy something or shamed for not paying.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.