Expansion to Blue Ribbon Hotel to Four Lots!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by ignoramoose, Jun 16, 2012.

1. are you still having emerald floors in the super penthouse's?
  2. No. We tried it and the colors did not accent each other well due to super bright green if an emerald block. The mega penthouse has varying floors from brick to pine plank...depending on the room
  3. ahh.. ok.. still having those piston rug things.. they looked awesome
  4. Yep. They are fun to make.
  5. UPDATE TIME!!!
    We are at 241 height :) The end result will be about 245 I think with teleports on the top for convenience.

We still need sandstone and netherbrick to do the insides. So sell, sell, sell to 3765 (sandstone) and 3879 (netherbrick). There are lots of chests set up. If you would like to donate anything, please pm me in game or online;)

Here is the list of rooms by type (116 rooms total):

Suite = 2k rupees to own (48 rooms)
    Penthouse = 8k rupees to own (36 rooms)
    Garden Condo = 10k rupees to own (20 rooms)
    Estate = ?k to own (12 rooms)

To answer a question many people have asked me: Yes, I am taking 1.4 updates into consideration.
    Flower Pots-Will be added to each room as it aesthetically suits the room.
    Frames-Will replace paintings in some locations in the room. Item inside is to my discretion but may be changed on a case by case basis.
    Anvils -You will be provided at least one anvil in each room penthouse and above (# depending on floor plan). I have been made aware that anvils will degrade over time. I will make it possible to purchase a replacement though I am not yet aware of how this will work. Please stay tuned.
    Cobble Walls-Will be added to the estate rooms only. It is the only room able to fit it in the design.
    Potatos/Carrots-Will be added as a plant in the garden area of the estates. Not yet sure how it will be added.

If you have any suggestions for 1.4 implementation, please let me know in a private conversation. :D

Picture Time!
    2012-10-29_14.14.04.png
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and ignoramoose like this.
  6. Just looks amazing, can't wait to move into my extremely expensive room!
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  7. Same over here :3
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  8. Alright everyone, I've now donated 300,000r to this project, all at once :)
    TheCrafter10 likes this.
  9. Confirmed. This makes kevdudeman the top donator currently and means I can buy loads of netherbrick;)
  10. Updated main post. Kevdudeman is in the lead with a 300,000 rupee donation!
  11. You just like to bump me out of the top 3 >.>. Wish I wasn't saving my money. :(
  12. Out of netherbrick and wool again. Chests setup at 3879 SMP2.
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. We've officially completed the outsides at a height of 248!

The roof top will contain gardens as well as teleporters to the rooms and floors. Garden suites and Estate Rooms (Mega Penthouses) will have direct teleporters to their doors. The estate rooms have their own teleport garden area. This area will come pre-designed, but can be customized with options from the estate owner!

More screenshots coming soon, but here's a shot of the livemap.

hotel.jpg
  14. Biscuitboy5396 has donated an additional 66,399 rupees to the project. This brings him and kevdudeman to a tie at 300,000 rupees.
  15. Amazing! Simply amazing! Will have to start saving to get a Garden Condo!
  16. I shall be mature about this and not go over my previous donation unless biscuit does the same, I am content with having a tie, as I didn't really do this to win anyway :p
  17. Any idea how much an estate will be? I want one.
  18. So you don't want me to donate some of my money to tie you guys? 3 way tie for first place?
  19. I stated that I am content with a tie, go ahead :)

...as long as I'm on the top of the list =D
  20. I'm not exactly sure how we will handle a tie. Technically I had offered to put a dragon egg in the highest donator room. I'm not really keen on putting 2 dragon eggs in rooms, and don't have 3 to put in there (in the event of a three way tie). It will be resolved with the dragon tomb update though. Also, room picking was supposed to be in donator order...

An estimate is at 50k. We pretty much spend that on the room building it. That being said - donators get first pick on rooms (by order of donations) and there's 6 people right now that have paid more than 80k. That will leave us with 6 remaining estates - so depending on demand, they might go up.