[EVENT] President for a Day!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. I couldn't find it either... my friend linked me it in game...
    Mochoa_Frap and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Semifinal Election Poll is NOW OPEN!
    Click this link: VOTE HERE!
    Polls close at 11:59 pm EMC time on February 19th.
    SkeleTin007, Windylava and Kryarias like this.
  3. any voting rules this time? no voting for yourself? etc
    Kryarias likes this.
  4. No alts, as with all votes. You can still vote for yourself.
    SkeleTin007 and Kryarias like this.
  5. I wonder how many people Windylava personally asked to vote for him. :p I will read the debate later, I saw that it did eventually get a lot of posts! I'm in class now, though.
  6. All this "begging" for votes amuses me. I hope it doesn't actually work, but I fear that might unfortunately not be true...
  7. *looks at "why did you vote for this person" like he looks at russians after any election*
    Rhycicles and NuclearBobomb like this.
  8. For my reasoning I just put "Nepotism"
    jacob5089, Gawadrolt and ThaKloned like this.
  9. It worries me a little that there are two candidates catering to the same people. I thought that surely one of them would get through anyway, but I'm not so sure after looking at the results from the primary election voting... hopefully enough people have let the debate sway their opinion.
    Runningrhino and jacob5089 like this.
  10. not a chance. like maybe five people gonna read all those words that amount to a whole lotta nothing.
  11. Im not really sure were begging, sure were trying to get votes but isnt that what your suposed to do?
    Windylava likes this.
  12. I guess this will partly be a painfully good representation of actual elections, then.
  13. I'm not sure what Krysyy intended. But I would like EMC to be an ideal community where possible. ;) And it would be ideal if people voted based on who seemed the most up to the task, and not based on who asked them to first.
    Windylava, TomvanWijnen and jacob5089 like this.
  14. I mean, I voted based on who I thought did the best in the debate
    Sort of
    Lukas3226, 607 and jacob5089 like this.
  15. Well the Only people i Talked to specifically are people i know, other than that i just put out a general message :)
    607 likes this.
  16. I think I know how to steer this topic into the most ultimate controversial thing!

I voted for no one because they were all poor candidates in my opinion. The reason was because none of them promised everyone a DC of diamond blocks! Very disappointed...

/sarcasm

All in seriousness, I haven't voted because I have not had the time to listen and read each speech in grave detail to fully understand everything that was said by each person. My weekend was eaten alive, as always... :(
    607, Rhycicles and jacob5089 like this.
  17. I believe my record on EMC speaks for my support. Indeed, I have campaigned. As an actual political science major I respect the democratic process. As a statesman however you seek to represent your constituents needs and therefore I have directly asked many people personally what they would like to see. I do feel that "begging" goes a little too far and I do not think any of the candidates have done this so far. In regards to my platform I continue to advocate what I have been advocating for years. I appreciate all my friends who have voted and supported me so far and I look forward to continuing to fight for what I have believe in for years. If anyone has any questions in regards to my platform or and ideas they would like to see supported please do not hesitate to message me. I love you all <3
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  18. At the root of the event, it is a competition between a small group of people. Because everyone is trying to win, it's practically a guarantee that there will be people asking for others to vote for them, or people voting for their friends. Although debating on points can fall short in these cases, there's nothing wrong with that :)

Even though I don't personally believe in asking people to vote for me, as I feel that history and what a person has to say should represent the character of a candidate, I don't fault those who do. Everyone enjoys and participates in things differently, and that's OK :)
  19. Just under 5 hours remaining to get your vote in.

Sneak peek!
    Candidates: be ready! If you advance to the finals, the debate rules are slightly different, there are required questions, and the debate host (Myself) will be able to ask follow up questions to challenge you. Be ready to defend your position on the topic of choice: maintaining growth while staying true to the heart of EMC.