[EVENT] President for a Day!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. ONE HOUR!
    NickkG and Sefl like this.
  2. So who won?
    Sefl likes this.
  3. Plans have to slightly change to allow for a runoff election.
    Details and poll open soon.
    Gawadrolt, jacob5089 and Rhycicles like this.
  4. Semifinal Election Poll is NOW CLOSED!

Congrats to Windylava for proceeding to finals!
    Required RUN-OFF Election: jacob5089 vs jewel_king

Vote here: CLICK ME!

Deadline: Feb 20th @ 11:59 pm EMC time

Note: Schedule has been adjusted to accommodate run-off and extend Final Elections.
  5. For now I haven't been so vocal about specific candidates, but now I will be: Jacob, clearly! If you read the debate I think you will find that he has the best argumentation of all candidates, while jewel_king's was the weakest of the four (sorry!).
    (this is my opinion)
  6. With as much support as he has right now, WindyLava will no doubt win the final... :p
    Gawadrolt and willies952002 like this.
  7. A survey from the Princeton Election Consortium also found out that Hillary Clinton has a 99 percent chance of winning the election over Donald Trump ;)
    TomvanWijnen, 607, ThaKloned and 2 others like this.
  8. The thing is... Clinton won the popular vote... Trump won the electoral college... there is no electoral college system in the EMC election...
  9. You know what else doesn't need an electoral college?

The fact that everyone should get 2 DCs of diamond blocks!! :D
  10. Does a run-off mean there was a tie that needs to be broken?
    Windylava likes this.
  11. Pretty much
    HazardousCode likes this.
  12. An actual tie? I apologise everyone. I would have voted, but I didn't have time this past weekend to read the speeches in great detail to form my own conclusions... :(
    Windylava likes this.
  13. Well if somebody needs a new tie, I have a bunch I won't be needing anymore very soon, and some suits too.

Anyhow I think I may win this election.. I can just feel it in my blood... do we start debates soon?

Raaynn for Emperor!!
  14. Additionally, jacob is by far the least involved in the promo market of the three. Although this might seem like a downside, this means that his stances and opinions are the most likely to benefit the community instead of himself.
    (Not saying that the other two are in it for personal gain, I'm just saying he's the least likely of the three to be doing things for himself)
  15. I have literally never been involved in the promo market but ok :3 I lost most of my promos a couple of years ago XD. That being said I know of many friends who have and I have seen many worrying developments occur over the last few years that I would like to and have addressed openly. I do want to wish both candidates best of luck tho! :D Either way either choice is a great choice for EMC
    Rhycicles likes this.
  16. Welp, there goes my entire argument .-.
    Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Still less involved in the promo market than jewel tho
    nosnhojhtiek, 607 and Windylava like this.
  17. yes i do alot with promos, but i mostly just collect, i dont buy specificly to sell and make a profit, i just enjoy collecting unique and rare items and have made many friends along the way
    Sefl likes this.
  18. I'd say we're both involved about the same in that case:p
    crystaldragon13 and Windylava like this.
  19. Hey I was just wondering if we were going to get the vote counts from the first and second semi-final?
  20. Impromptu meeting of the candidates :)
    Top_Benny, HazardousCode, 607 and 5 others like this.