[EVENT] EMC Time Capsule 2017

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The time capsule event 2016/2017

I love the always updating logo / sign :)

The time capsule event is one of my all time favorite events. Simply because it's special by nature because you'll only experience this one once a year. No more, no less. I hope you can agree that this makes the event a bit more special from the ones which we see almost every week (even though those are actually also very special: you try hosting an event week in & week out and then keeping this up for most of the year...). But now I'm almost derailing my own post again ;)

What is the time capsule event?

Deep underneath the /park on SMP2 lies a secret location. It's a mysterious place build in ancient times and guarded by the statue of an angel. Here the mother of all storages is build: a community storage which only opens up once every year. And not merely by having an admin perform some commands and open things up. No, this requires special actions, some of which even caught Krysyy by surprise! ;)

You see... Last year Krysyy recited the plaque on the angel which was enough to open things up. But apparently the update to the latest Minecraft has interfered a bit (at least that's my theory) and now a sacrifice was needed :eek: Fortunately for us players Krysyy didn't start a massacre but a drop party instead! :D

A drop party to appease the ancient powers :D

But you don't appease the ancients so quickly. Much to Krysyy's surprise it didn't work: a second drop party was required! :eek: But fortunately for us after that the ancients gave in and Krysyy could finally open the vault! (I really enjoyed the plot twist Krysyy used there! :cool:)

It was time to head down into the vault!

Rumor has it that the vault is even bigger than it was last year! :eek: Soon after everything got settled Krysyy unlocked the 2016 chests (even in the unlikely event that you did manage to bypass the move-restrict flag you'd still have a hard time opening a chest because of the denied container flag; they don't call this a vault for no reason! :D). After a quick count down everyone gained access to their chests and could finally see what they buried last year.

That was it you say? Oh, no that wasn't it :) Because then Chickeneer decided to invite some of his relatives over, it didn't take long before everyone had their own pet following them:

Unfortunately my story does end here because soon afterwards I had to quit and attend to the new year festivities IRL after which it really was time to catch up with some sleep (unfortunately the 1st of January is a Sunday, which means that upcoming Monday it'll be business as usual (work!)).

So yeah, thanks a bunch to the staff for hosting this wonderful event! Like I said, this is really special and I was quite surprised with discovering some items in my chest: some I seriously didn't expect to be in there!

Wondering if you have a chest already? => Please chest the overview sheet here.
    Can't make it before the 7th to pick up your items? => Please PM Krysyy using this link.

And in case you now want your own chest as well then you should also probably PM Krysyy (see link above). I don't know if new requests are still possible, but you don't know until you try. :)

Thanks again for an awesome timecapsule event!
    LordessSpartan_ and nltimv like this.
  2. That was very, very long... I just read the whole thing.
  3. -=>WARNING - Slippery floor! <=-

It seems the time vault cleaners have spend some serious time on cleaning up our mess after the opening event. I'll bet those chickens left much more behind than just eggs :D

One shining floor!

So be advised that it seems the floor just got polished and cleaned, and may therefor be a little slippery :D
    MajorHaze likes this.
  4. is there a way to find my chest, because i cant :p
  5. ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  6. Apart from what Tower said: also pay close attention to the pillars, you'll notice a sign with a number on it. That should give you all the hints you need :)
    607 and ChristmasTower like this.
  7. I am not even sure i put anything in it.. is there a possobility my chest disappeared if i put stuff in, in 2015 and didnt check it in 2016?
  8. Unlikely, but I can't rule it out of course because I don't know. I do know that if you go derelict then you won't immediately risk losing your time capsule, which is what I'm basing my comment on.
  9. The time capsule is officially closed. See you all in just under a year when we get to open them!

Locking thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.