[EVENT] EMC Time Capsule 2017

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so, I have a capsule from last year, will it be there Dec. 31st-Jan 7th? or do I have to be there for opening? (though I'm probably gonna be there anyways)
  2. Dear self... 'I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it people like me'

I will be in this year for sure. Can't wait!
  3. 30th can I have a chest
  4. Have to agree that the Q&A is a big vague on that point.

• If you want to clear out & removeyour chest but you can't be there for the opening then you need to PM Krysyy so that she can clear out the chest and give it to someone else (edit: your items will obviously be returned to you!).
      • Reason is simple: it's much more special for players to get their chest assigned during the event. So if you don't want yours anymore it's more fair to make sure that Krysyy can prepare for it.
    • If you want to keep your chest and put in new items (or keep the current items in, or...) then you have until the 7th of January to sort everything out.
    (edit)
    If you want to request a chest you should really PM Krysyy, it'll be much easier on her. You can do this by clicking on this link: pmcm.emc.gs.
    607 likes this.
  5. If we have a double chest from years past will we continue to have a double chest?
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Pretty much why I'm gonna put it in there :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. I put a book to myself I there last year but that's all I remeber. I probably filled it with dirt or random renamed things :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Can't remember what goodies I left last year. I recall I left someones dismembered head is in there.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Could we get our chest replace with a swanky new skulker box? :D
    It would be cool if this happened, but I wouldn't be sad if it didn't :p
    ThaKloned likes this.
  10. I should put myself in there lol
  11. Yes! xD
    CallumDAKing likes this.
  12. This actually won't work... once everything is sealed back up, the sub-zone for the time capsule has the move flag set to false, so if you ever join back to SMP2 on the account that is in there, it will kick you back out to spawn. (I know, I put my alt in there last year and it got kicked out because I accidentally logged into SMP2 with it =P)
  13. Now, my guess is as good as anyone elses but: I assume that the DC rule was set into place in order to prevent running out of room (like last year). Last year was booming, they even had to expand the whole room tremendously because of the massive amount of applications. If that would happen again then I'm pretty sure that staff can use all the room they got!

So, my guess: current chests can probably remain without any issue (if you want to keep them of course) but if you want to apply for a new chest then it'll be a SC to prevent running out of space again.

(that was pretty impressive last year btw, how they started working really hard to expand!)

(Edit): Krysyy confirmed this while she was working on the capsule event preparations earlier today.
    607, jacob5089 and TBirdXmas16 like this.
  14. Yay I'm able to attend :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. I'm not going to be there for the opening due to real life parties and celebrations and whatnot :p

But, I will definitely be checking out what past me left for present me, and then I'll be leaving some snazzy items for future me too :D

Have fun tonight opening it up!
    607, ShelLuser and TheKutesyKiraboo like this.
  16. The spreadsheet is coming along nicely and it will be MUCH easier to track who is where this year.
    Just over 4 hours to go!
  17. wow i completely forgot about these... eek.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. Cool! I totally forgot what I put in for 2016 :confused: I know I have at least one book in there; I'm gonna have to write myself another one :eek: I probably can't make it for the opening at 4... but I could do something later in the day. I'll be sure to PM Krysyy if I can't ;)
  19. If I put stuff in it and are unable to get on when it's opened. Then what happens to my stuff?
  20. Krysyy said you could message her and she'll move your items to a different chest for you.
    Rimont and finch_rocks_1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.