[EVENT] EMC MINECON WATCH PARTY!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Eviltoade, Nov 13, 2017.

1. I'll throw in my alts to get something for you, don't worry :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. lol
  3. 13 hours 20 minutes! HYPE
  4. Oooh, this is today! Hm... I don't think I'll be there. We'll see, though. :)
  5. lol happend to look at this at exactly 3 hours!
  6. The whole idea of Minecon Earth was a horrible idea on Mojang's part. They took a two day convention and compressed it into a couple hour livestream. Where is the fun in that? Gone are all the different booths thst they had set up. Gone is the potential opportunity to meet your favorite minecraft youtuber. Gone is the hands on experience of going to an actual convention. To me, it seems like Mojang has become lazy and didn't want to plan an actual convention.

EDIT: Besides, Mojang streamed a lot of last years convention and 2015s anyway AND put it on youtube.
    Here is mojangs youtube channel. https://m.youtube.com/user/TeamMojang
    Look back and you'll find Minecon 2016 and 2015
    Silken_thread, SUPERI0N, 607 and 2 others like this.
  7. I feel the same way, though I do understand just how much bad publicity they also received due to tickets selling out crazy fast etc. I have a feeling that this year is more of a 'let's try it your way and see what happens' style response to the complaints. I look forward to seeing what they pull off though.
  8. Minecon Earth is a terrible idea xD As stated above I completely agree
  9. where is the event?
  10. Off to work . Have fun everyone !!
  11. I'd like to hear what it was like, both the event itself (potentially in another thread) and the way it was commemorated on EMC. :) (I feel like 'commemorate' doesn't really fit here, but I wouldn't know what would. :rolleyes:)
  12. It seems the event went really well! The stream actually wasn't too bad, it was cheesey at times, but I felt like the hosts even recognized the cheesiness and poked fun at it a few times, lol. In-game was fun too, although I spent quite a bit of time watching the stream, lol. (I was responsible for watching the stream and pulling trivia questions from it to ask after the stream was over, heh) Overall though, I think we all had a fun time!

Don't forget to claim your promotional t-shirt though, it will be available until noon EMC time tomorrow :D
    Read more about it here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/minecon-earth-limited-release-item.74364/
    607 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  13. I'm glad to see I'm not alone here. :)
    Also the rest of this reply is more so towards Mojang.

I personally think Mojang could have done a better job as I personally think that this Minecon was terrible. You might ask why, and the best example I can think of is the mobs we voted for. I personally wanted "mob C" to win, and now I'll never see it added to the game? Why couldn't they say that we would get the other three mobs at a later date rather than "Gone Forever"? If anything, this makes everyone lose IMHO. For those who wanted A/C/D, they will never get them. Also while those who voted "B" do get the mob they want, they also lose out on the possibility of the other three mobs getting added as well. This alone makes me agree with WitherDoggie/Krysyy and makes me think Mojang is simply being lazy about it, and just throwing these really good ideas down the drain. And yes, I know it is difficult to code such/etc, but that doesn't mean that they can't be added over a long period of time?

Granted, there was a few parts that were really good(Like Update Aquatic). But putting those aside, it was dreadful for me to watch. I didn't enjoy it in any way, and it felt like they were wasting my time. I think I had more fun hanging out with you guys than I did watching the stream to be honest.

Seriously, you EMC staffers did a great job. Although I was silent a lot of the time(mostly from watching the stream), I enjoyed both events. It did take me a moment to figure out what we were supposed to do in the first one, but I did with a little help. :p
    I have to say though that the part I enjoyed the most was just hanging out with both staff, and the community in general. :)

In fact I think this was the other thing Mojang was missing. I think that they could have hosted a temporary minecraft server. This would have been an interesting way to give out capes that people could win by doing a really difficult event. I also think this would've been truer to what Mojang said as it would bring everyone together. "Better Together" right Mojang? :)

However I do realize that it would have to be one really powerful server to pull this off as there was a LOT of people watching. I also realize that people hack unfortunately. So maybe both of those reasons are why they didn't do it that way.

So yea, while I didn't enjoy the stream too much, I did enjoy hanging out with you guys.
    Great job EMC Staff and Thanks for the event, it was fun... :)

~SUPERI0N
    607 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  14. The whole mob thing irks me aswell. They had the concepts and it appears the models all done. It wouldn't have been hard to implement them all. The mob that did win was the worst of all of the choices. Now we are being forced to sleep every so often. This isn't going to work on survival multiplayer servers because not everyone is going to be able to sleep at once. Also, once you have a good set of armor and weapons, you don't need to sleep to pass the night so you can avoid the monsters.

Mob C was my favorite one, and mob D was close behind. Mob A was okay in my opinion but I feel it should have been added as part of am ocean update or something.
    SUPERI0N likes this.
  15. It would fit so well with the rest of that aquatic update... they should just add it in with that, in my opinion.
  16. Below are the winners of the Minecon Earth Watch Party:

Chest Hunt:

MINECON1 - Jewel_King
    MINECON2 - Allicanto
    MINECON3 - Jewel_King
    MINECON4 - Danni8
    MINECON5 - Danni8
    MINECON6 -
    MINECON7 -
    MINECON8 - Skeletin007
    MINECON9 - Lockdown32
    MINECON10 - Allicanto
    MINECON11 - Jewel_King
    MINECON12 - Lockdown32
    MINECON13 - gordan_the_gourd
    MINECON14 - Jewel_King
    MINECON15 -
    MINECON16 - padde73
    MINECON17 - padde73
    MINECON18 - Jewel_King
    MINECON19 -
    MINECON20 - gordan_the_gourd
    MINECON21 - Jewel_King
    MINECON22 -
    MINECON23 -
    MINECON24 -
    MINECON25 - Jewel_King
    MINECON26 - gordan_the_gourd
    MINECON27 -

Block Hunt:

1.gordan_the_gourd
    2.the_op_villager
    3.johnkid
    4.lockdown32
    5.jman9082

Trivia Winners:

1. b0bbythebuilder
    2. hollyV
    3.skeletin007
    4.sportaflop
    5.sportaflop
    6.jewel_king
    7.jewel_king
    8.PetezzaDawg
    9.skeletin007
    10.the_op_villager

Items have been placed in everyone's vault (primarily 1st) and Tokens have been distributed. If you won one of the activities and I did not mention your name above, please send me a PM. Thanks for coming all!!

-ET
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  17. Thanks for doing this Toade :D
    607 and Eviltoade like this.
  18. Uh is there a list of the items we should have gotten? i can't seem to find everything xD

edit: say skeletin007's post and it remineded me to say thank you :p
  19. There is no list of items per se, check your vault :) Each prize had either a rupee value attached or token reward - promos were given based on total rupee value (if that makes sense) lol

So, if you won MINECON1 and MINECON2 which were the easiest ones to get, the total rupee value may have been 4k. If you won multiple, and your total was say 60k, you would have received 2 promos worth 30k each or perhaps one promo worth 60k. Hope that clears things up. :)
    SkeleTin007 and EmpireMall like this.