[Event] Climb to the top! (Over 2 DC's of promo prizes)

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by jewel_king, Feb 1, 2021.

?

Will you be participating?

Yes! 11 vote(s) 78.6%
No! 3 vote(s) 21.4%
  1. Apparently I had something to prove to myself... I've never been really good at parcours, but I can be quite good at grinding :p

11:02 / 662
    When doing this, my PB was 11:07, which I didn't feel I had beaten untill I saw the final time, and, honestly, rewatching it, it still feels faster... I was going for sub-11, but that doesn't seem quite reachable :p

I still missed some minor (only causing me to stop sprinting or something) and three major jumps, (ones that make you redo other stuff,) but I don't think I am going to be able to polish that away. I still have a degree to work for :p

If I were to try to get a better time, I would probably have to practice the harder jumps, so I can do more of the shortcuts. Especially the slime block stuff, though I’m pretty positive I won’t be able to learn that in the time I have :p
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  2. This looks fun! Time to try it out and see what time I can get. Goodluck everyone! (placeholder text for soon to be link) -edit: unfortunately I lag a bit too much on my computer trying to record, fun course though! The videos have been fun to watch, everyone has a slight variation in how they tackle some of the obstacles.
    607 likes this.
  3. A bit disappointed in the amount of improvement I got, but my time is down to 760 seconds, or 12 minutes and 40 seconds.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  4. That does sound fun! I thought it would take over an hour to complete, but looking at the posted times so far, it's not too bad!
    I wonder if I should get myself to use a button to run. :p
  5. bump!
    still plenty of time to enter :)

6. time to submit my run og 10:44
    tamraaa and OriginalScuf like this.
  7. Spectator mode 3 seconds.. boom, where my prizes at.
  8. Sorry, you have been disqualified for failure to comply with rules by not uploading the video.....
    AncientTower and 607 like this.

9. My entry for the event. Edit: if the video isn't playing on the forums, open it on youtube.

Afterthoughts:

It was overall a fun map to attempt speedrun, personally I prefer this kind of parkour in the sense that it has a theme and it is constantly changing the aesthetic of it, instead of it being just a bunch of floaty blocks (no offense lol). It was...fun...trying to figure out ways to cut time, I would get so frustrated trying to best my time in the first half, only to randomly figuring out, "oh this jump is making me lose 1 second". The second half of the map terrified me because at least on the first half, it is easy to just restart, but once you're near the end, I would just start doubting many jumps lol. It was an interesting and entertaining challenge to do nevertheless. :)
    tamraaa and 607 like this.
  10. welp priority's on schoolwork time to not get gud
  11. Gonna try a bit longer for a sub 10, but for now:

Hardest part is definitely finding the perfect length of songs to fit the video :p
    tamraaa likes this.
  12. Thank you to everyone who participated! (both entered and not!)

I should be able to get everything sorted by tomorrow evening (have to watch all the videos)

If you have any suggestions for similar events and or suggestions for improvements for a 2nd of this kind please send me a message! :)
    DaybreakerMC and 607 like this.
  13. I'm sorry that I did not have enough opportunity to participate!
    I'm rather busy this quarter. :)
  14. Apologies for the delay!

1st: naMrorriM
    2nd: Sonicol
    3rd: Envine
    4th: Egeau
    5th Ethy202
    6th: Chickeneer

naMrorriM please visit 6160 on smp3 and walk forward, there is 2 chests with preview signs. Please let me know if you would like the top or bottom one

Thank you for participating!
    607, DaybreakerMC, MoreMoople and 4 others like this.
  15. Disappointed that I didn't even make top 5, but this was still fun to run! Thanks for hosting!
    607 likes this.
  16. Woops My bad, Ill get you added now!
    Ethy202 likes this.
  17. I will take the top chest please :) Thanks for hosting this, it was a lot of fun!
    jewel_king likes this.
  18. 1st-3rd have access chests to pick up their prizes on 6160

Carrot 10 carrot juice has been mailed to each participant with 4 remaining going to envine

Enjoy :)
    sonicol and Sefl like this.
  19. Thank you for the event jewl!
    Had quite a blast trying playing the course. Planned to put abit of time in it but couldn't sadly
    I am kind of curious, what was in the dcs?
    607 and jewel_king like this.
  20. Thanks for the event, looking forward to another one. (not parkour pyramid though, unless you like pain):p
    jewel_king likes this.