[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One drop in the water can start a tidal wave.
  2. I agree. I think supporters should get 'veteran' type bonuses every now and again for supporting the Empire. Perhaps to prevent people from putting it in the vault on Utopia, Aikar can institute a 'No Trade' stat on the promo that prevents it from going into the vault. People are going to hate on this idea though because they think supporters will dominate the economy, which cannot be done. There are far too many players for just the subscribers to control the entire economy through promos that only they can get. Seems kinda silly to think they could... :p
  3. I don't think server specific promos are a good answer... If one thing should of been clear from everything I've done since taking over - I've pushed for everything new to be accessible by all, and not locked behind supporting. I want everyone to be able to enjoy what is created.

I think to please the masses that love the idea... Disguises in Town for Diamond is going to happen, since thats what Mojang considers the most appropriate way to get supporters :/
    Kephras, hashhog3000 and mba2012 like this.
  4. Also, I think we can tweak the Automatic rupee bonus perk and apply it to everyone which will make free players happy!

Remove ties to supporter, and SMP servers will automatically give rupees daily to anyone who has played in the past 7 days, and Utopia will give it to anyone with access every day (ie: supporting)

The server is giving the daily bonus, so utopia is fair to have a different set of rules for how much it gives out.
  5. Renamed thread and moved it to Community Discussion and added link to start of the EMC specific change discussion.
    battmeghs likes this.
  6. Aikar, I understand that the task ahead of us looks bigger than us, but don't underestimate the power of a community that believes what they are doing is right.
    battmeghs likes this.
  7. Will pets be added?
    battmeghs and pyro_vampiress like this.
  8. Also, the exact wording that you were wanting to change is from the Mojang blog post? Were you wanting Mojang to change it to (under section about currency): "We don’t mind in-game currencies which are earned through playing, but you are not allowed to restrict features behind paying money."
  9. well I look at it from 2 angles, 1 is that - as it prevents the entire Empire Credits idea, but I guess the main thing to push is for leniency for non competitive servers.

The rule should be "No Feature should be completely restricted unless you pay for non competitive gameplay features. "
    Require servers on non competitive styles to enable the base feature for free, and only allow monetizing "non essential excess use" of said feature.
  10. Well, That was to be a surprise one day. I had always wanted to add pets in some form too. But to keep supporters mood up, yes.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  11. Ok, here is my draft for a /r/minecraft post that I want to run past Aikar and anyone else that wants to take a look. I changed a lot of things from the original post, 1: to put it into my own words, 2: because I edited for grammar, organization, and unnecessary content. I also included a bit of what Aikar said above because it made more sense. I hope putting it here is ok...

Title---Mojang: please reconsider server currency

In a recent BLOG POST* you help clarify your position on the issue that has been sending waves through the Minecraft multiplayer community, namely the requirement to accept the UELA before being able to launch a server with the most recent update. Before you release your follow up post I would like to express a concern that non- competitive servers have.

The root problem we want to be solved is locking gameplay features behind a pay wall, forcing players to pay just to play on our server. Instead we would like players that enjoy the free aspects to be able to interact with players that pay for extra. Separating them reduces the community into people that have money to spare and people that do not, and this attacks a core aspect of Minecraft multiplayer that exists on some servers.

Could you please consider revising the sections about charging players for server access? Instead, could you allow servers of non-competitive (non PVP) nature to enable the base features for free, but allow monetization of non essential excess use of said features? For example, town style servers that give one free 'plot' to anyone that joins, and players can purchase additional plots with real world money if they choose?

The intent is not to "exploit" players, or to encourage players to pay in order to have an unfair advantage over other players. Rather, players that want to pay to use more server resources in any form should be given an option to pay for that in order to cover server expenses.

We can also discuss alternatives for free players to be able to access some of the same features as paying players, again allowing them to exist on the same server. Simply require server owners to provide a path to features that does not require paying, and then people who are able to pay will, and those who can't, still have the ability to earn said feature for free.

This could solve the impending issue for some servers, and keep both parties happy.

Thank you.

*will be linkied to the blog page on Reddit.
    MrsWishes, bloodra1n and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  12. If you have the 4 residents will you still have them after this?
  13. Oui Oui :)
    pyro_vampiress and Luckypat like this.
  14. It was meant for the entire community, if this goes ahead, only supporters will be able to access it.
  15. Is that flag going to be permanent for former supporters?
  16. Two more ideas for supporters. I know aikar has some kind of plan for them but he could give Zombie or skeleton horses to supporters. Also, I'm not sure if this is even possible but some way to choose a bow's trail when shooting would be a neat supporter perk.

Maybe to avoid the zOmbie or skeleton horses being obtained or sold a supporter could summon one from a menu every x minutes and when it was dismounted the horse would despawn.
  17. And there goes my reason for donating :/
  18. Can't EMC just stay on 1.7.9 and under until Mojang changes their mind?
  19. So what I'm hearing here is that while we're finally going to get things I like for supporters (disguises/pets) ALL my work on my Utopian res just went down the drain. :/ This is an absolute nightmare.

So, I have one question here. There has been plenty of mixed feelings on this thread, so I feel I have to ask this. I just want a one word answer here, yes or no: From what I'm seeing, do we all agree that this is mostly a bad thing for EMC?
  20. Problem 1: The community will want 1.8. This could lose us a bunch of newer members and even some older ones.
    Problem 2: If Mojang doesn't change their mind, then we've just totally gone down the drain.
    Problem 3: I'm not an expert, so my opinion could mean nothing. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.