[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just an idea, maybe because utopia is now a private server, you could give promo items out to only that server, that way supporter could still get something extra for supporting and everyone on that server technically has access to it. The only problem may occur when these items are taken to the other servers.
  2. Why on earth is it a good idea to give promo items out to only that server?
  3. To try and give supporters another reason to support
  4. I personally think this is a terrible idea. Promos are always worth a lot of money, and if only supporters got them then they would basically rule the economy.
    Kephras likes this.
  5. Whats the difference between supporter promos and voting promos such as the voter's armor and the thank you letters..? They are distributed like promos as well..? What if there was supporter veteran rewards like many other games like Star Trek Online or Final Fantasy XIV. Both of those games give special promotion items to only people whom have supported the game.. So how would it be any different adopting something similar..?
  6. I was just reading about that too. I hate it when you put so much hard work into a project, yet it becomes meaningless in seconds.
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. They may turn out to be worth a bit, but supporters will be missing out on a fair amount of rupees every month due to the end of extra rupees for supporters. So this idea may help close that gap. Another idea could be utopia only drop parties or rupee giveaways. However, this may all be illegal if a player tries to take the rewards to the non utopia server.
  8. I see no rule stating our server design of linked rupee access is not allowed, so were fine there.

I think we can do something like higher daily sign in for Utopia, then say "Daily Sign in" triggers on that server.

Though we likely really need to condense down to a single supporter rank :/
  9. The only problem may be that if a server is linked to another server, the two may be considered one single server
  10. A $15 dollar rank perhaps?

Also, wouldn't disallowing anyone who's an employee of mojang, a lawyer or even a family member related to a worker or anything related to mojang help us?

I've seen other massive organizations of runescape private servers that stops anything related to Jagex the moment they access their page since the page that appears the first time shows their ToS in which you must agree or leave the page. Once you agree it's saved in the cookies and grants access.

EDIT: These places have existed for more than 10 years and haven't yet been shut down.
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. Already in place and made the upgrade page require being logged in - and logging in agrees to the ToS.

However, I would like to "comply" as much as possible... Just it sucks that were receiving the negative end of the deal due to other servers issues.

I don't want mojang to see us as rebels.... We want to be the good guys. But, with the way things designed.... we can't go destroy our experience just to comply :/

People love the empire because we provide a great experience - destroying the experience to comply defeats the purpose of supporting in first place - its lose lose.

I guess the best hope is 'comply as much as possible and hope Mojang will let us be' since we aren't abusing players like the others do?

Well, that's a personal opinion I would disagree with.
    battmeghs likes this.
  12. One solution could be to remove the '/server utopia', so that it's technically not the same server, seeing how you have to connect to it by a different IP. I am not sure about the connection that rupees/tokens would need to have.
  13. If Mojang wants to start a battle against servers using BungeeCord, then we might as well shut down anyways, as everyone's motivation to play will be dead.

Were going to go about this with least drastic changes as possible, to at least get us to a decent level of compliance, so Mojang has no reason to see us as a "problem" to warrant coming after us.
    battmeghs likes this.
  14. Mojang keeps this up they'll just get hate on them and destroy many servers that don't protect themselves. They'll also lose many of its players, I mean... I hope I'm not the only one here but I CAN'T play single player, it's just too boring.
    battmeghs likes this.
  15. I can just see Aikar with all his 010110010s getting ready to defend against Mojang.
    battmeghs likes this.
  16. I read your reddit post... and honestly I think it can be worded a bit better. Currently there is no visibility; the reddit algorithm that fogs the votes is bouncing between 0-2 karma when I refresh. Reading it the first time through leaves a reader, even one that has some familiarity with the subject being discussed, a little confused. Reddit users in general will not up-vote something they do not understand.

I believe that more people would up-vote this, thus gaining visibility in that sub and showing less confused readers, by rewording and organizing/ expanding several sections. I would start with a link to the source of the wording that you would like Mojang to change. This would be followed by why you believe it needs to change, what it could be changed to, and finally how it would improve the players experience. There are a few wonky sentences that don't flow or seem to make complete sense, and a several inconsistencies with grammar and wording. I would be happy to go into more detail if you think that would help.
  17. Wanna make a new post? I'm not the best with wording or Reddit =P
    pyro_vampiress likes this.
  18. Also, I will enable a flag on everyone who has a residence on Utopia that is no longer a supporter to let them still access it.
  19. I could do that. I would basically edit what you have, so would you mind if I sent you a copy before I put it up so that we can make sure my facts are straight? =P
  20. sure, but im starting to think its not going to matter anymore...

EMC is such a minority server.

The server ecosystem is flooded by pay to win servers, so the community in large supports mojang for this...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.