Enraged mob farms.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Marshmallow369, Dec 31, 2014.

1. The rules on all mob farms are same, design it for the mob you want then slab the 128 x128 area around afk point. For engaged turn up the difficulty to level 8 - 10 good armour gold apples potions etc.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  2. Why would you need to have armour and stuff if it is a mob farm?
  3. On emc it doesn't need to be 128x128 :p
    Pab10S likes this.
  4. How far is it then?
  5. Shh he he
    samsimx and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  6. Check the wiki... It says something like 64x64, wayyyy less than in normal Minecraft.

And why would you need potions and armour if it is in a mob grinder or similar?
  7. If you use water to move the mobs away from the dark room, you can have them fall into lava so it cuts out all the regular mobs. You can then drop the enraged down into a kill chamber of your choosing and grind. This way they have more health than if you use the drop, so you get more loot etc.
    This is just theory, I have never attempted it as I am lazy and don't want to spend time on something that may not work xD
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  8. All good info's here. Looks like it's time to get to work. :D
  9. You know it
    ThaKloned likes this.
  10. And to be clear this is not an attempt to stick it to those who will not share. I don't care about making money or having all the best stuff. This is the joy of building huge things plain and simple. This will be discovered. Only a matter of time. :D
    ZBSDKryten and tedrocker like this.
  11. It is a simple mob spawner which leads the mobs down to a point where normal mobs die and enraged mobs live or where it leads them to lava since enraged don't burn. After that I just made an open area of obsidian and just fight them there but I believe there is different variations of that last part.
    Deadmaster98 and ThaKloned like this.
  12. Pretty much spot on. The problem I ran into was lava blades, although effective, left the enraged mobs with too much health. The fall weakens enrageds as well as killing regular mobs, which is why I prefer it.
  13. Would you not need the engraged mobs at 50% health min. to get the drops?
  14. drops get nerfed if any damage is not from the player. knocking them down to 50% with a fall will hurt your chances of special drops by a lot. The system forces you to actually fight them. If they can't get to you (trapped in a hole) they will not drop any special drops.
  15. i have a simple modular darkroom with no drop but it uses fire, so all mobs die then i open up another room to corral all the enraged and fight them with a bow from two blocks up, sometimes i get nerf message sometimes i dont
  16. Enraged are a rare spawn. That means that you won't get a 100% chance of getting them.

The idea of the enraged mobs was not to make them able to be farmed. You can increase your chances of finding them or collecting them into an area, but any way of automatically killing them and still getting rare drops would be considered an exploit and be corrected. It's not against the rules to try things, but you could actually be punished if you get too good at it.:eek:

I expect that this is some of the reason for any secrets. I also expect that some of the players are Trolling you with suggestions that don't work and are likely to get you killed.;)

Many player enjoy the challenge of learning to control game mechanics to their own advantage. I am also one of those players, but you shouldn't base your entire EMC life on trying to exploit a custom mob.
    highlancer54 likes this.
  17. this is the kind of philosophy that makes players leave, sure it should be more difficult to farm them and aikar has done his best to break all my enraged farms multiple times. but this concept of player versus game mechanics constantly changing needs to be seriously considered as it will drive players away. the amount of time it takes to farm enraged at present is ridiculous which is enough of a nerf not including you dont get special drops about 50 percent of the time and on higher difficulties they teleport to you.
  18. Was never the intention of auto kill. I plan on doing that myself.
    just_five_fun likes this.