Empires Update - 5/30/23

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, May 30, 2023.

1. EMC code didn't make any changes to villagers. It is 'possible' that someone upstream of us spigot/paper made a change there. But nothing we did...
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  2. FWIW, I was looking at villagers with MmarkM at +bamfurlong:

They could not see the golden carrots/glistering melon trades, I could.
    They say they're not using any mods, I use Easiertrading.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Same as you, I can see all trades, but I use triphora's modpack which includes trading mods
  4. Oh, I wonder if it is people using 1.20 clients that can't see certain trades.
    (There is nothing I can do about that unless ViaVersion provides an update that patches that)
    Fred_TWK, We3_MPO and Tuqueque like this.
  5. I reinstalled the game and it fixed. I do believe it was client side as other players didn't have the problem. So if you do happen to have the issue, reinstalling worked for me
  6. Did the old command allow giving a reason too? If not, are these reasons logged? If so, who looks into them?

The /fixpromo command is interesting, I'm surprised that nobody else responded to it yet. It means that for items without durability, there is no difference anymore between an unused promo and a used one. Few people seem to care for the difference anyway, though.
    I'm not a fan of making the amounts on shop signs harder to read (as you can see on your screenshot, the red is very hard to read, although that might also be due to the unusual sign colour used).
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. Yes. The old command stored that data. Moderators do not have access to see who you are ignoring. Nor the reasons why. It is intended as a reason for yourself to know why you ignored a user. The other player does not see it.

This does not fix used/unused promos. This is a command for fixing items that do not stack because of version upgrades on the backend that are visually the same but some specific internal data is mismatching. Ultimately it is a debug tool that will be automated at some point after I verify that it fixes the things I needed it to fix.
    We3_MPO, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  8. Pretty sure /fixpromo does not fix the durability - it attempts to fix metadata of items so that they can be stacked/grouped(shift click) together properly.

And for the color feedback, I do agree with it somewhat, it feels to "Christmassy" maybe Lime instead of dark green would be better?

Also colors are based from the shop owners perspective. When a customer buys, the shopowner makes an earning. I'm bringing this up since most of the users who will be actually using and reading the sign, are the customers, not the shopowners.

From the Customer's perspective, I believe it would be:

B 50: 35 S
    Diamond

Green means earning for customer (edit: AND this is somewhat important since the "Buy/Sell" is already in customer perspective, a buy sign means that the customer is buying from the shop sign.)

Nonetheless, my main suggestion would be to just add a /toggle mode which toggles color/black letter creation process. or even add white as an option for dark oak signs for example
    607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  9. Ah sorry, you're right! I misunderstood. I just tested with Haunted Heads and Pots of Golds, and indeed it gives the 'sorry' message.
  10. I know this comment is out of place regarding this thread but since you mentioned EMC code didn't make any changes I thought I'd sneak in a change I've noticed with villager farmers.

I've used a villager farmer trading hall on smp3 for over a year now and the villagers always allowed two rounds of trading until trading is locked till the next day. The trade starts at 6 pumpkins for an emerald and ends at 9 pumpkins for an emerald. A couple of days ago I noticed the villagers don't lock me out of trading, instead the number of pumpkins keeps increasing. I stopped at 18 pumpkins for an emerald.

Just a note that something recently changed with villager trading.
  11. this is interesting
  12. Thanks for the update! There's so much new stuff. It's wonderful to see progress on something that has been in the works for so long! here's to hoping this brings a new dynamic to EMC!
    MoreMoople, 607, We3_MPO and 2 others like this.
  13. Question: Will you be jumping into 1.20, or 1.20.1?
  14. We would update to 1.20.1. Unless a 1.20.2 would release before then
    We3_MPO likes this.
  15. Thx. Just wanted to know so I can start looking at Modrinth.
    We3_MPO and UltiPig like this.
  16. Just a note for all, V2 Craftable items https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/craftable-items/
    May not work at the moment for you, you can use /fixpromo on them to restore the data for them to work
    (padded leather and armor, steel ingots n armor, etc)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  17. /permignore does not seem to be working. I just had to re-ignore a player I permaignored the day the functionality got released
    We3_MPO likes this.
  18. Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look
    We3_MPO and Fred_TWK like this.
  19. hope u dint ignore me 😇😇😇
    UltiPig likes this.
  20. do group buffs automatically happen with Empire members or do you need to create a group with your Empire members for haste buffs to pop off? (when your Empire members are close)

If not, then suggestion to implement it.
    607, We3_MPO and KatydidBuild like this.