Empires Update - 5/30/23

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, May 30, 2023.

1. I guess I don't understand what you mean by ten land claims. Like these are 10 different locations which should have different people controlling each of them? Or are some of the 10 locations still controlled by the same group of people? My initial knee jerk reaction is that it is unlikely that you would need 10 different empires unless your sole purpose in life was managing 10 different wilderness communities that work independent of each other. Help me understand.
  2. Controlled by the same group of people. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear!
  3. I would have to dig into your exact situation. But I don't see why you would need more than 1 empire for such a scenario.

Now. When Outposts roll out, will there be some staff intervention to make sure you can "claim" the 10 different physical locations. Sure. But that is a separate topic from the owning group "Empires"
  4. Thank you, Chickeneer for the massive update!

Lol, I needed this update like a few months ago. I made a tree farm at my frontier outpost only for it not to work because it used a tnt dispenser. I had to build a whole new farm.
  5. I feel that part of a sentence stayed in the keyboard :D
  6. Oh. My bad. There must've been a mutual misunderstanding. I'm sorry that I misunderstood!
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  7. This would all be on the same smp...
    In this case, I am co-owner of Claim A.
    Later, I requested an expansion to the adjacent area and named it B.
    Then I claimed C, which is next to B (but didn't include other player names)
    Finally, I claimed D, which is located next to A, under my name only.

This creates one large claimed block - but it has 4 Outpost names that were claimed under.
    Technically I am owner for all 4 claims... Can they be combined under a name? Or how could this be handled?

I feel this is a tangent issue to We3's conversation.
  8. From my understanding:
    Firstly, the actual name used in the forum and the size requirements where just conservative estimates so that there would be less conflict once Landclaiming arrives. This also makes me believe that the Locked chest which established the outpost here in the forums, will not be important at all when the update comes. In the past, it has been stated that the forum procedure have only been guidelines for when the update comes.

These leads to the fact that the details of how Landclaim update are not iron out yet. You will probably be able to both:

Have a Giant claim owned by your Empire containing all the 4 "forum" outpost under what ever name you choose when the update comes.

Or

Have multiple claims under the same Empire Banner. However you decide to call these claims, you decide when the update arrives and claim them.
  9. Right.
    But the name in chat ... that part of it is screwy right now.
    Which name to use, or do we get to pick any 4 letter name to represent the whole thing?
    I currently have 4 names
  10. I'm mostly accurate here, but Chickeneer replied to you below :) be sure to check his reply as well
    An Empire is the group which owns Claims

For example

I created the Empire called PublicWildUtilities with the PWU Tag

If I do /e setprimary PWU - then All my messages will be prefaced by PWU, meaning that I am a member of said group.

These tags can be changed at any time to any of the empires you are a member of.
    if you do /e - it shows you the Empires you are part of, and you can quickly change your Primary Empire - which is what determines the TAG display

/e setprimary SMP8 and [SMP8] Empire will appear instead of PWU

PWU has Multiple farms, whenever Landclaiming comes, we will have multiple Landclaims with various names to distinguish which farm is which claim:

PWU Empire owns:
    Sushi Drop
    Scream4Me
    FeII

For example, FEII and Pigmentus are very closed to each other, so the claim will probably be combined and be called
    Pigmentus&FeII or "PWUiron"

The name of the claim is like defining your residence # address in town. Whenever TP comes around, it is easier to type /warp PWUiron than /warp Pigmentus&FeII

It is up to you for convenience and making sense to decide the name at that point in time.

If the different claims you "own" have a different target audience/ and are effectively owned by a different group of people, even if you are a common factor among the four of them, you can decide to have multiple Empires, each with 1 or more land claims. -> Meaning multiple names and multiple tags, specific to the different group of people
  11. i cannot wait for the day i can do /setwarp mars and /setwarp SMP8
  12. I'm mostly accurate here, but Chickeneer replied to you below :) be sure to check his reply as well
    And answering specifically for you this is what I would suggest:

Creating Personal Empire:
    KatyMonopoly with tag KATY
    which would own Claim C and D - since those appear to be your personal projects.

Creating Group Empire
    "KatyFriends" not sure what you call your group of friends and which tag would have
    These would own A&B since they are for the same group. - and These could be just a new single name pertaining to a single claim since they are adjacent to each other.

Again, names used in the forums for claiming procedure are somewhat irrelevant - since you will have to just create the empire with this update and claim+name your outpost when the second update comes.

If you decide that you don't like A or B - change it! but you don't have to worry about that until that update comes.

If you want to change what the name of our friends is called change it right now and create an Empire with those friends! or just use the old name used in Claim A. What ever you like, you can do rn.
  13. is it normal that the "!" does not show on the sign?
  14. Yup. It automatically changes the displayed text if the empire changes names.
  15. If you put rupees or tokens in a empire bank, then leave the empire what happens to the rupees or tokens?
  16. So the 4 letters for my empire would be - Silk - perfect :D
  17. Nothing. They are no longer available for purchases. There is no putting rupees/tokens into an empire bank - just a promise to contribute towards that Empires purchases
  18. Will there ever be something similar to how you can click on people's usernames to make a pm, except instead of clicking on the username, clicking on the guild? To maybe bring to that Empire's outpost/Empire thread?
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  19. The Empires update really doesn't have anything to do with Outposts, other than that Empires would be the future owner of Outposts. Keyword is future. As previously mentioned, none of the those types of decisions have answers right now. It is perfectly fine to ask these questions, I just don't have an official answer to them. :)

Generally speaking. ALL established outposts will be manually processed and registered in-game first by the staff team before anything rolls out to to normal players ingame. It seems likely that this manual process will include verifying with each established outpost owner to declare which Empire owns which outpost. So there is no mad scramble for registering things ingame on a Tuesday night.
  20. We could make it clickable to shop the "/empire info <name>" command results. I don't see a future where clicking on their chat-tag leads to a forum thread.