Empire Minecraft now owned by Starlis LLC

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Well, justin is not forever gone. justin just no longer owns the server but i think repurposing the graveyard is a good idea.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Yup, I know. I just think that that building could tell the story of our past leader.:)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Maybe, We will be keeping his chair in the /shop and was going to add signs to it explaining his position at the very least.

We could move his pyramid to a 120x120 too as a foundation for a monument (doesn't necessarily have to erase the GY...)
  4. Well I was just in the mindset of: Aikar "Muhahaha I now own your precious servers!" JustinGuy "NOOOO!!!!! Now I have time to relax and spend time doing the things I want......" Aikar "And you wont be able to play on them ever again because I am the supreme ruler Muhahahaha!" JustinGuy "Meh" type of thing. XD lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Lol.. It was quite the opposite. He brought up the idea of stepping down many months ago and I encouraged him not to.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. EMC was wonderful under JustinGuy, but he almost never had the time to get on. I believe that Aikar will be able to keep EMC running the way JustinGuy did, but will have the time to add the things JustinGuy would have already added if he had had the time. Therefore the server will run as fast as if JustinGuy were running it if he had more time. Congratulations Aikar! :)
  7. Until you started to experience the power and then it over whelmed you. :O Aikar has come over to the dark side. :O

Yoda "Always two there are.. no more no less... a master and an apprentice"
    Mace Windu "but which was destroyed... the master, or the apprentice?"

dun Dun DUN!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. With the new site host are there any new rules with forum posts?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Congratulations, Aikar! JustinGuy, you've done an awesome job making EMC what it is today; and I'm very sad to see you step down. However, I hope this will pave the path to future advancements :)
    hashhog3000 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Sort of off topic, but Aikar Starlis.com is running on WordPress do you recommend WordPress.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Nothing changes from before, the rules on the forums are still the same.
    Equinox_Boss, porphos and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. I just cried a bit. Glad to see we're staying up though.
  13. dat sig
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. "Except you must now call me "the all supreme ruler of EMC" And I get a new hat... something big.. and has feathers or shiny... I haven't decided yet" :O lol j/k
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. This is a good thing.
    Equinox_Boss, southpark347 and Olaf_C like this.
  16. Priorities in life change for all as they have for Justin, I think it is great that Aikar was prepared and able to take on the extra responsibility and work load, well done. All the best as you take EMC forward
    BevK56 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. Congrats, and Thanks Aikar for taking on this headache responsibility for all of us EMC-ers.
    I had a funny thought pop into my head though when I read this... "all of your base are belong to us"

Let us supporters know what to do or how to handle the payments please. Posting regarding this topic is probably the easiest for me.
    AlexChance and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. Ok. I've have seen many sad movies and haven't even come close to crying, but this... wow. I actually started crying a bit...

Anyway, congrats Aikar for taking over and thankyou for keeping this server running. I know you will do a fine job. I eagerly look forward to seeing any updates and experiencing new things to come. The whole EMC Community and I also appreciate the fact that you tried to convince JustinGuy to maintain ownership, but you were unsuccessful and it is a loss that we shall remember as a positive. Again, congratulations.

To JustinGuy (if you ever read this), just know that we will always know that you are, and always will be the original owner and creator of EMC, and you shall forever live in our hearts and minds for bringing this magnificent server to our lives and forming the great community that we have today. For this, we say thankyou and farewell.

Here is to Aikar, the new owner of EMC and to a bright future that was built under the now-retired, JustinGuy.
  19. I took over the current account so nothing is expected to change on payments, just that the next re-occuring payment will say Starlis instead of Kalland Labs once its changed.
  20. Me too. I remember back when I had first joined, Justin was mostly active, and it was so fun to talk to him.