Empire Minecraft now owned by Starlis LLC

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Your alive!
  2. Why is it always a banned member who alerts me to these kinds of things? :p

Anyways, at least all of the business and legal aspects of EMC are going to be able to be looked after and checked on more often. Hopefully one day, Justin will have enough time to come and visit EMC more often.
    Equinox_Boss and princebee like this.
  3. Congratz Aikar! :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I, for one, welcome our new overlord.
  5. Ditto, the super colossal amount of time and effort Aikar has spent maintaining and improving EMC has shown his dedication to making this place we play the best server around! :cool:
  6. Double ditto; I'm incredibly grateful to Aikar for dedicating his hard work to EMC when JustinGuy had to take a back from the primary role because of how busy he was. Without him, EMC would probably be no more and I, on behalf of anyone that doesn't visit the forums very much, hasn't realized it yet or hasn't posted, thank you.

We still have a long way to go, I can't wait :D
  7. Does this mean your 'role' will change from Administrator to Owner?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. It won't. Justin once owned everything, but he was never labeled Owner. I'm guessing Aikar will do the same. And Aikar is no different to any of the other Administrators, other than the fact that his name is on the legal documents regarding the domain names and servers.
    Equinox_Boss and SuperVal_Junior like this.
  9. As a new player to EMC. I have no idea who Justin is. But that said. I do see what he (and others) accomplished this far. So in a way, though I don't know him, I'd like to remember him for bringing me EMC.

At least a few words said about him, the time he put in, would be nice to know. A tribute is a good idea.

He's a major part of the history of the server to date yes?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I thought the cow payed the bills...
    I never really met Justin ether :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Justin and ICC founded EMC together, and Justin legally owned its parent company, Kalland Labs LLC. Back in 2011/early 2012, JustinGuy was the lead developer for EMC and created the customization that Aikar later perfected, including residence, chest shops, wilderness, ect. as well as many significant other features like Square (our moderation tool), the site, TEXP.

In 2012 Justin took a step back from EMC with the birth of his daughter as well his starting up of a couple of business ventures. He was still on the admin team, but helped more with the hardware and business side of things.

Thankfully this is around the time Aikar joined, and after being promoted to Moderator, he began developing for EMC. From Senior Staff to Administrator he became EMC's lead developer and Maxarias (his fiancee) joined him at the position.

IcecreamCow is a co-founder and the Community Manager/Administrator, advising Aikar and Justin. :)
  12. Awesome, thanks, I feel I know EMC a bit better now.

(You guys have some great people here in EMC)
  13. Nah, I wasn't promoted because of Aikar. I was just conveniently promoted at the same time; though I asked they held mine back for a later time, they disagreed.

At that time, I was already able to do some Senior Staff things, and it was found that I was more of a benefit than harm.. Back then, Aikar and I worked hard just to help make EMC a better place. I think we're both still doing that.

There was a lot more into the decision than just that, but if you want more details you'll have to ask Cow and Justin.
    zulu9, Equinox_Boss and BevK56 like this.
  14. Aikar can probably answer this question better but if someone else knows feel free.
    A while back I remember on a thread Aikar was saying something about Justin's coding being harder to update or different than way he was used to, can Aikar rewrite the plugins or codes for EMC now that he is legal owner?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. I've been the one in charge of everything development wise for over a year now.

I've been rewriting the plugins for the entire past year :p

That's the big point i've been trying to make. Nothing is different than 6 months ago, or 5 days ago. It's been me operating EMC for the past year, and the only difference now is the legal name on the business :)
  16. I totally agree with all of this. His tv room can stay on SMP4, right? And the Admin Lounge won't be deleted either, I hope. Anyway, I am sad to see Justin go, though I never really knew him. I think that if he thought it was his time, then it was his time. I'd like to honor him for everything he's done.
    Equinox_Boss and BevK56 like this.
  17. Congrats on now.... owning.... *cough*...... all of this...... please don't ruin the economy anymore....

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Can I point out that Justin has been in the crypt for more than a year now..? :oops:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Thanks, Justin for all you have done! And the Congrats to you, Aikar, I know you will keep up the great job you're doing to improve the Empire.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. In the Graveyard? I think Shaunwhite, and ICC's other name is in there too, but that doesn't mean anything. :p
    autumnrain26 and Equinox_Boss like this.