Empire Minecraft News: December 2015

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. At this time Senior Staff Services only apply to residences in Town.
    That may, or may not, change in the future.
  2. A 12 hour streak was not necessary for this event, though I can explain it.
    Top-G allows voting every 12 hours. Were you to vote on this site every 12 hours AS WELL AS ALL OF the other sites, Empire allows you to go up in vote bonus. We had issues with some sites recently so this was modified to drop some streak numbers down.
    By default if only voting on Top-G, the timer doesn't increase, unless your votes are at least 16 hours, but not more than 36 hours apart.

The Dirt Destroying Ticking Tock is an item that is used to redeem a Dirt Removal. However, I am stating that while we have changed that to allow structures as well, we will not be changing the name of that item and they will still be valid for any STRUCTURE removal.
    SteamingFire likes this.
  3. OP is gone. Yours can go too.;)
  4. But the like I got from it ;)
    kevdudeman and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  5. Awww, I didn't make it and I voted so hard ;)

Nah, I think it's really cool to see that I actually know some of the names who won. Congrats you guys, it's well deserved!

And guys, just a general... (uh oh, here I go again I hear some people think): Just because the competition is over doesn't mean that you should stop voting. I really hope that the competition showed some of you guys that voting can be rewarding. You get rupees, emeralds, diamonds... and if you vote long enough you'll get stable/vault vouchers, eternal armor, eternal tools, eternal love... Oh wait.. :D Nah; but seriously: voting is appreciated and it also helps the server out. So why stop here?

Further more: good news on the price changes! I think that is clear proof that you guys (staff) are really keeping your options open and are always looking out for improvements. I think it's a fair one too.

So yeah, can I now send in an appeal to get my money back for the previous edits I ordered? ;) Naah, sorry: I'm joking here, but something tells me that this is bound to be on some peoples mind. My take on that matter: we knew the prizes up front, we decided for ourselves that it was worth it and yeah... Why wouldn't it have been worth it now?

And awesome deals on the vouchers! I may take you guys up on the offer. Not for the vouchers of course but one stack of iron ingots really sounds tempting :cool:
    607 likes this.
  6. A bit confused on this; does the second option mean we build what we want done on the road on our res and staff will copy/paste it onto the road?
  7. You were included in the drawing for 3 of the tiers though, so I'd say that was some extreme effort =)
    Random.org just doesn't like you.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. That's it! I shall find another website for my random drawings from here on. That'll show 'm! :D

(naaah!) ;)
    Krysyy likes this.
  9. 5,000 would be if you wanted the road changed from sandstone to stone bricks, etc, or one copy/paste.

So if you had the entire road section built on your residence and all we had to do was cut and paste it in to place, then it would only be 5,000r. As this is the majority of simple/prepared builds and takes only about 10 mins of Senior Staff time, we wanted to drop the price on it. If you plan ahead, this means a significant decrease in price.

If you had something more advanced with multiple pastes, then it would be 5,000r for the first paste, and 10,000r for each additional paste required. These usually take about 30 mins to an hour of SS time.

Schematica builds - which not many people use - take HOURS of SS time. Therefore they are the most expensive and will be starting at 30,000r per road.

Does the above make sense?
    Salpai likes this.
  10. I was planning to get a road edit, but now its gonna cost me loads =P
  11. If you plan ahead and pre-build, it can actually save you 50% of the old cost.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. Are villager moves only for single res shifts or can we get villagers from one res moved to another (same SMP, just moved from res 1 to res 2)?
  13. Ok. You can keep it.
    FoxyRavenger and ShelLuser like this.
  14. Grats to the winners!! :D
  15. As long as the residences are owned by the same account, it's cross-residence as well.
    (Added sentence to ss.emc.gs to clarify)
  16. Thanks
  17. So...SS can eggify all your villagers for 10K each? Pfft...
  18. Say I have 4 residences in a 2x2 square, and I want to edit all 4 roads in between and the middle part.
    Would it cost...
    • 4 * 5,000r ; i.e., four separate "1st pastes", plus the middle piece which I think used to come free,
    • (4 * 5,000r) + 10,000r ; i.e., four separate "1st pastes", plus 10k for the addition of the middle piece, or
    • 5,000r + (4 * 10,000r) ; i.e., five pastes total, so 5k plus four 10k charges?
    It either costs 20k, 30k, 45k, or maybe somewhere in between, but I'm not sure which. We're assuming I have all five pieces already built on residences. Also, it's the 4-wide roads, and the 4x4 middle piece, if that matters.
    If a road requires two pastes, couldn't the player just hire SS to do one paste for 5k, then at a later date do the other for another 5k? It would cost 10k instead of 15k. The definition of the "1st, single paste" isn't clear to me.
  19. The villagers keep their trades.
  20. Thank you so much for the win :). I don't think I have ever won anything before.